ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR meeting financial requirements through combination

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tallojani

ILR meeting financial requirements through combination

Post by tallojani » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 am

Hi everyone. Asking on behalf of a friend...

He is BC and his wife is due ILR in September 2019. He works part time earning £16000 gross, been with same employer for years. She is self-employed estimated to earn £9000 in 2018/2019 financial year.

1) Can they apply for ILR combining their incomes (salaried and self-employed)?

In terms of documentation required to evidence finance, they are aware of the followings;
6 months payslips and bank statements
Employer letter confirming job
P60
Self-employment tax return (HMRC confirmation)
12 months bank statements
Accountants letter
For self employed ongoing work she has a Post office contract showing weekly earning, start/finish on contract.
They have enough correspondences on their name/address to show they have been living together.

Is there anything else they may need to show for ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR meeting financial requirements through combination

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Zimba thank you for the link. I am still confused.

Self employment income is based on 2018/2019

Would they need previous year's 12 payslips? Or 6 payslips prior to application date i.e April to September 2019, is sufficient?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 pm

As far as I know they need self assessment for self-employment income
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

us3r
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by us3r » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Just to let you know, that I posted back on my case and my ILR was rejected, for self employed they are just considering self employed proof. They did not consider my permanent employment at all which I submitted along with my application regardless.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Zimba

Self-assessment, is that what you declare to HMRC, is it called sa300 or sa302? Hopefully the accountant will be doing this.

Can you please reflect on the other query regarding number of payslips and period?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:33 pm

us3r wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 pm
Just to let you know, that I posted back on my case and my ILR was rejected, for self employed they are just considering self employed proof. They did not consider my permanent employment at all which I submitted along with my application regardless.
Thanks for your reply. Do you mind sharing with me on what documents you submitted in terms of self-employment and salaried employees?

us3r
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by us3r » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:37 pm

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:47 am

tallojani wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm
Zimba

Self-assessment, is that what you declare to HMRC, is it called sa300 or sa302? Hopefully the accountant will be doing this.

Can you please reflect on the other query regarding number of payslips and period?
Payslips for 6 months if you did not change your job in the last year or 12 months if you did

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:47 am
tallojani wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm
Zimba

Payslips for 6 months if you did not change your job in the last year or 12 months if you did
He hasn't changed jobs for years however, last year he didn't work (Oct, Nov and Dec) due to their child being unwell and left his job (received P45) but returned after Christmas. Would this period be discounted or will it be considered as a break in his continuous period of employment? In such case, does he need to show 12 months payslips and bank statements?
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Read 5.3 from the guide I shared above. All is covered there :!: :!: