ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 am

Congrats Hussain. This wait is bugging me. I dont know why r they taking so long to despatch the docs

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:56 am

Great !! Many Many Congratulations Hussain !!!
hussainkothari wrote:Hi All,

Well today is my day :) !!

My wife called up to tell me that I have received the docs today with the approval.

These are the sequence of events -

1. WP -> T1 app submitted on 7th May. (main + 1 dependant)

2. Ref number allocated on 8th May.

3. Fax urgent treatment request with tickets on 11 late evening.

4. Called HO on 12th morning to check. First he checked if my docs were dispatched. But there were not. So I got the feeling that it should be all done waiting for dispatch. But he refused to give any progress updates. I asked "are you considering my fax" to which he generally replied, "there is no urgent treatment available for T1".

5. On 12th afternoon got a mail from HO - "According to our systems, your application has now been considered and your documents will be despatched by recorded delivery shortly,hopefully today."

6. Passports with +ve results received on 13. I will have the passports with me later today and will post all details.

I think my passports were all ready, but the urgent treatment had cut out some delays that were observed in stamping are posting.

-H

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:57 am

Great !! Many Many Congratulations Hussain !!!

w.r.t email you received from HO , did they email you on their own or responded to your email ....was that email from customer services or from our CW ?

My wife called up to tell me that I have received the docs today with the approval.

4. Called HO on 12th morning to check. First he checked if my docs were dispatched. But there were not. So I got the feeling that it should be all done waiting for dispatch. But he refused to give any progress updates. I asked "are you considering my fax" to which he generally replied, "there is no urgent treatment available for T1".

5. On 12th afternoon got a mail from HO - "According to our systems, your application has now been considered and your documents will be despatched by recorded delivery shortly,hopefully today."

6. Passports with +ve results received on 13. I will have the passports with me later today and will post all details.

I think my passports were all ready, but the urgent treatment had cut out some delays that were observed in stamping are posting.

-H

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:06 am

I have fax them on two numbers - 0114 207 6555 / 4000. In my fax I had mentioned the hotmail address. I had also sent a mail from my office account with the tickets as attachments. But they didnt reply to my email. I recv a mail on my hotmail address from the HO. This mail was not in reply to the mail I had sent. They surprisingly responded on their own. The mail was from "Customer Service Advisor Work Permits Customer Contact Centre Border and Immigration AgencyHome Office PO Box 3468 Sheffield S3 8WA"

- H
chakde23 wrote:w.r.t email you received from HO , did they email you on their own or responded to your email ....was that email from customer services or from our CW ?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:07 am

I have fax them on two numbers - 0114 207 6555 / 4000. In my fax I had mentioned the hotmail address. I had also sent a mail from my office account with the tickets as attachments. But they didnt reply to my email. I recv a mail on my hotmail address from the HO. This mail was not in reply to the mail I had sent. They surprisingly responded on their own. The mail was from "Customer Service Advisor Work Permits Customer Contact Centre Border and Immigration AgencyHome Office PO Box 3468 Sheffield S3 8WA"

- H
chakde23 wrote:w.r.t email you received from HO , did they email you on their own or responded to your email ....was that email from customer services or from our CW ?

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:12 am

good if they have emailed on their own , isnt it - for a change ! :D

I hope if they have recently started this effort for every one to shoot an email before disptaching .....it would really help us having some comfort !

hussainkothari wrote:I have fax them on two numbers - 0114 207 6555 / 4000. In my fax I had mentioned the hotmail address. I had also sent a mail from my office account with the tickets as attachments. But they didnt reply to my email. I recv a mail on my hotmail address from the HO. This mail was not in reply to the mail I had sent. They surprisingly responded on their own. The mail was from "Customer Service Advisor Work Permits Customer Contact Centre Border and Immigration AgencyHome Office PO Box 3468 Sheffield S3 8WA"

- H

grant1
Member of Standing

PLEASE HELP !!

Post by grant1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:28 am

hello guys!

Please help!!

Regards

Grant
Last edited by grant1 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tsp

Post by tsp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:30 am

Hi Hussain,

How did you ask them to check, whether docs are despatched. If you ask them, do they check it.

My app received by HO on 6th May...

chakde23 wrote:good if they have emailed on their own , isnt it - for a change ! :D

I hope if they have recently started this effort for every one to shoot an email before disptaching .....it would really help us having some comfort !

hussainkothari wrote:I have fax them on two numbers - 0114 207 6555 / 4000. In my fax I had mentioned the hotmail address. I had also sent a mail from my office account with the tickets as attachments. But they didnt reply to my email. I recv a mail on my hotmail address from the HO. This mail was not in reply to the mail I had sent. They surprisingly responded on their own. The mail was from "Customer Service Advisor Work Permits Customer Contact Centre Border and Immigration AgencyHome Office PO Box 3468 Sheffield S3 8WA"

- H

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 am

I told them I was on a WP and my employer has asked me to return back to India. And he is asking for a date. I asked him "you tell me what date shall I give". then tell him that 10 weeks would not be acceptable to my employer at all. Also tell him "I am in a mess and hence asking for your help". Also try to add "My passport is with you, or I would not have insisted." Tell him "You have my passport. The least you can do is tell me what you are up to, so I can plan my life accordingly".

Just keep pleading. Also, the ladies there are useless. The guys have a soft corner.

The guy himself checked if the docs are dispatched. This gave me an idea that it is in a stage before dispatch.

-H
tsp wrote:Hi Hussain,

How did you ask them to check, whether docs are despatched. If you ask them, do they check it.

My app received by HO on 6th May...

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:44 am

and guys, who genuinely want their docs urgently, please apply for urgent treatment. It helps. But please do not abuse this facility as our other friends would suffer.

ceediddy
Newly Registered

Post by ceediddy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:10 am

i applied 18th april and am still waiting...
there is no known logic to their thinking at the HO....itz not like sudoku or chess...u cant predict these guys...i am so depressed that it is affecting my work and family life......bah!!!!
vipul1981 wrote:does anybody knows, why they take so long between approval and stamping, as in Headley case?

tsp

Post by tsp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:12 am

Too much, Applied on 18th of April and Still not got your docs... I m really worried. Dont know what are they doing with it.

Looks like my story also the same as people are getting the docs after my application..
ceediddy wrote:i applied 18th april and am still waiting...
there is no known logic to their thinking at the HO....itz not like sudoku or chess...u cant predict these guys...i am so depressed that it is affecting my work and family life......bah!!!!
vipul1981 wrote:does anybody knows, why they take so long between approval and stamping, as in Headley case?

pr4t4p

Post by pr4t4p » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:20 am

tsp wrote:Too much, Applied on 18th of April and Still not got your docs... I m really worried. Dont know what are they doing with it.

Looks like my story also the same as people are getting the docs after my application..

I have applied on 22nd April and still no update ! .... the thing is I cant even send an urgent request form .... obv i dont want to abuse the system as there is no urgency ... but its definately a shame that there is no update at all ... the haven't even requested for any additional documentation ... I only called them once so far and was told its on its final stages and may hear something very soon ....
Driving me absolutely mad !

ceediddy
Newly Registered

Post by ceediddy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:20 am

just to add to what hussainkothari has said
i have sent 2 urgent request faxes in the last 2 weeks so it dosent really matter ......i still havent gotten my docs...always still under consideration...
i included my email, mobile even my addresses in the fax but yet no contact whatsoever...so it must just be that there are 2 kinds of CW's....good types that have a human heart and CRap ones that just hate immigrants like us..and unluckily i was given 1 of these types..

i have never been this unhappy in my life and trust me i have been tro some rough patches (coming from africa) but this is just mental toture....i kinda understand why colonialism was outlawed cos of stuff like this...when ur fate is another persons hands

am not trying to douse the gr8 vibes from this forum...i mean..i will eventually get my passports (when i request them to cancel my application) but this is ridiculous

tsp

Post by tsp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:46 am

I dont have any proof for urgent treatment.. Dont know waht to do... BUt i want to go to india ist week of july, i thought , i will book the ticket afte get my passport(hoped end of may), but dont know why these guys are taking so much of time.
ajay.jarkani wrote:
tsp wrote:Too much, Applied on 18th of April and Still not got your docs... I m really worried. Dont know what are they doing with it.

I have applied on 22nd April and still no update ! .... the thing is I cant even send an urgent request form .... obv i dont want to abuse the system as there is no urgency ... but its definately a shame that there is no update at all ... the haven't even requested for any additional documentation ... I only called them once so far and was told its on its final stages and may hear something very soon ....
Driving me absolutely mad !

Maheshindiauk
Newly Registered

Post by Maheshindiauk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:55 am

Sorry, you have already mentioned the fax numbers, i was going through the 84th page.
Congrats.

Congrats,
In Forum, got different fax nos, so can you send the number which you used to fax to HO.. Thanks in advance.

4. Called HO on 12th morning to check. First he checked if my docs were dispatched. But they were not. So I got the feeling that it should be all done waiting for dispatch. But he refused to give any progress updates. I asked "are you considering my fax" to which he generally replied, "there is no urgent treatment available for T1".

I think my passports were all ready, but the urgent treatment had cut out some delays that were observed in stamping and posting.

-H

baheri

Post by baheri » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:44 pm

anyone got luck today? I havnt received ma doucment even today as I m victim of April 28th. Jus got through wid lady in HO n she refused to give me any information before 10 week time. Typical !!!!

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Dear Ceeiddy,

Really feel sorry for you. You are more than 10 weeks old now and you could actually demand to know your situation. they keep saying 10 weeks all the time.

Now they cannot avoid you in anyway. I think you should just get speaking to them and ask them where are your documents.

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Sri : i guess he has applied on 18th april & its 8 weeks now...nevertheless ....this is really sad.....every single day now seems difficult !!!
sriaady wrote:Dear Ceeiddy,

Really feel sorry for you. You are more than 10 weeks old now and you could actually demand to know your situation. they keep saying 10 weeks all the time.

Now they cannot avoid you in anyway. I think you should just get speaking to them and ask them where are your documents.

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

yeah true. It is 8 weeks completed today. after 2 faxes and 8 weeks, they should not keep the application this long.

Just keep yourself cheerful. Hope Things work out soon for you guys.

beever

Post by beever » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:18 pm

guys no more nice CWs they are ALL telling us now that it is 10 weeks and no longer can check the status. its really pissing the s*** out of me!!!!

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:23 pm

hussainkothari :D
-------------------------
Switching from WP to Tier1 (main + 1 dependant)
Applied (by Special Delivery): 7-May-08
Received by HO / Ref No dated: 8-May-08
Approval Letter Date: 09 June 08
Visa on the passport: 09 June 08
Faxed urgent treatment: 11th June 2008. HO ack by mail and considered urgent treatment
Dispatched: 12 June 08
Received: 13 June 08
Time take: exactly 5 weeks at HO

My case -
- Print out of the output of the PBS calculator available on BIA site.
- Covering letter
- Filled application form
1. Age: - 20 points
- passports (3 passports, old and new)
2. Qualification - 35 points
- Masters degree original certificate
- Masters original mark sheet
- Bachelors degree original certificate
- Bachelors original mark sheet
3. Past earnings: 40 points

- formal UK payslips and online Indian payslips (signed and stamped on letter head)
--- 2 months in UK (payslip showed only net and gross had to be calculated with an effort). Use only the "net" for consideration.
--- 4 months in INDIA (used the uplift ratio)
--- 6 months in UK

- bank stmts
--- original UK bank stmts with highlighted transactions
--- original Indian bank stmts with highlighted transactions

4. Uk experience
- Earned more than 16K GBP. Asked them to refer to the payslips and bank stmts.

5. English req - 10 points
- IELTS certificate

6. Maintenance funds
- Online bank stmts (same acc as that submitted for past earnings) until 6th May (one day before submissions) with more than 800 + 1600 GBP over 3 months.

Dependants
- Filled dependant application form
1. Passports (all, old and new)
2. Marriage certificate (as proof that she is my partner). The marriage certificate has our photos on it.
3. Online bank stmts again (same acc as that submitted for past earnings and maintenance funds) until 6th May (one day before submissions) with more than 800 + 1600 GBP over 3 months.

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:18 pm

Hussain,

What do you make out of the responses you got from CC ....on 12th when you phoned they said nothing has been sent.....apparentely they did post yesterday itself isnt it.... ?

hussainkothari wrote:hussainkothari :D
-------------------------
Switching from WP to Tier1 (main + 1 dependant)
Applied (by Special Delivery): 7-May-08
Received by HO / Ref No dated: 8-May-08
Approval Letter Date: 09 June 08
Visa on the passport: 09 June 08
Faxed urgent treatment: 11th June 2008. HO ack by mail and considered urgent treatment
Dispatched: 12 June 08
Received: 13 June 08
Time take: exactly 5 weeks at HO

My case -
- Print out of the output of the PBS calculator available on BIA site.
- Covering letter
- Filled application form
1. Age: - 20 points
- passports (3 passports, old and new)
2. Qualification - 35 points
- Masters degree original certificate
- Masters original mark sheet
- Bachelors degree original certificate
- Bachelors original mark sheet
3. Past earnings: 40 points

- formal UK payslips and online Indian payslips (signed and stamped on letter head)
--- 2 months in UK (payslip showed only net and gross had to be calculated with an effort). Use only the "net" for consideration.
--- 4 months in INDIA (used the uplift ratio)
--- 6 months in UK

- bank stmts
--- original UK bank stmts with highlighted transactions
--- original Indian bank stmts with highlighted transactions

4. Uk experience
- Earned more than 16K GBP. Asked them to refer to the payslips and bank stmts.

5. English req - 10 points
- IELTS certificate

6. Maintenance funds
- Online bank stmts (same acc as that submitted for past earnings) until 6th May (one day before submissions) with more than 800 + 1600 GBP over 3 months.

Dependants
- Filled dependant application form
1. Passports (all, old and new)
2. Marriage certificate (as proof that she is my partner). The marriage certificate has our photos on it.
3. Online bank stmts again (same acc as that submitted for past earnings and maintenance funds) until 6th May (one day before submissions) with more than 800 + 1600 GBP over 3 months.

pcmalik

Processing time

Post by pcmalik » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:19 pm

Has anyone called recently to ask the HO which date application they are allocating for Tier1 (General) applications to the CW?

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:22 pm

hello guys!

can anyone please give me a format of the Cover letter to be used with the Tier-1 application. i am switching from student to tier-1.

please help guys

thanks