ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to post additional documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am

I am Polish national and would like to apply for British Citizenship online.

I have previously successfully applied for:
  • UK residency (for myself)
  • My daughter's British Passport
What should I respond to the questions:
  • "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad" yes/no
  • "Name in which you made the application"
Online form already has necessary information about residency document; including the number.
I haven't retained any additional information about my daughter's passport application. It simply arrived by post.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Re: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:01 am

ihaveaquickquestion wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am

• "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad" yes/no
Online form already has necessary information about residency document; including the number.
I haven't retained any additional information about my daughter's passport application. It simply arrived by post.
The question is about you, not your family, so you need to tell them about your UK residency application.

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:14 am

I see. That is interesting. Thank you for the response.

With regards to the question: "Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen?"
would it make any difference if I put down the fact my daughter received her British passport already? It was awarded on the basis of me being a resident (otherwise EAA national) as well as other criteria when I applied 3 years ago.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:15 am

It's not relevant to your application. No need to put it.

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:08 am

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am

I did but I forgot to mention is, will this cause any problem?

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Need to post additional documents

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am

I had an appointment last week and now the application is with Home Office.
I would like to post additional documents to Home Office for my citizenship application. I was advised on the phone to include case number on the cover letter
Is it UAN number from my appointment confirmation document?
UKVCAS told me there is no other number they have.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need to post additional documents

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 am

What 'additional documents' do you wish to send HO?

What did you submit already??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:16 am

I posted everything that was required as per the list. However I reminded myself that in the past I made additional application to Home Office (2006, past 10 year period) for Worker Registration Scheme Certificate. It was granted.
So I would like to supplement my documents with this, because application does not include that detail and perhaps it should. Is WRS treated as immigration application that I should mention?

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:37 am

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:16 am
I posted everything that was required as per the list. However I reminded myself that in the past I made additional application to Home Office (2006, past 10 year period) for Worker Registration Scheme Certificate. It was granted.
So I would like to supplement my documents with this, because application does not include that detail and perhaps it should. Is WRS treated as immigration application that I should mention?
What do you mean you posted everything?! If you applied via UKVCAS you don't post any documents.

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:44 am

What do you mean you posted everything?! If you applied via UKVCAS you don't post any documents.
You are correct, I uploaded everything required using UKVCAS website and attended the appointment to submit the application.
The question is about another issue; should I post additional documents from 2006 (outside of 10year period)
and should I use UAN number for that because I don't have any other number.
How likely is Home Office to request these documents?
Is it ok to post copies instead of originals, just in case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 am

Why do you want to post document from 2006?? How are they relevant to your application and circumstances???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:56 am

In the citizenship application I listed all my employments including 2006 and made a mistake with the start date on the first one. It differs by 2 days which the documents confirm. I wanted to correct that and prepared cover letter.

As mentioned I made previously an application for my daughter passport in 2015 and same documents were required to show I exercised treaty rights.

My application is still fresh so my thinking is they may or may not ask for the documents, but maybe I can just send them. Will it help?

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:30 pm

So would you say additional information I mentioned is relevant or should I wait for HO to request more details?

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:50 am

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:30 pm
So would you say additional information I mentioned is relevant or should I wait for HO to request more details?
Why would anyone care if you got a date wrong by 2 days which was over 10 years ago? You are overthinking this.

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:55 am

Perhaps I am. Are you writing for experience?
This whole process is stressful enough so I'd rather stay on the safe side.

Besides would it matter that I haven't disclosed information about WRS which was outside of 10 years period the registrations were required until 2011. I'd rather write a letter, maybe it doesn't matter but then it will not be important.

klamer4o7
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by klamer4o7 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:07 am

To answer your question - the unique identifier of your application is the Case ID, sent to you via email from "UK Visas & Immigration", which reads

"Dear XXXX

Case ID: XXXX

Thank you for you application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered..."

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 am

If it's not consequential, you're just creating more work for the caseworker and other administrative staff that will handle those materials. It won't help your application. You're just making more work for them to do.

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Nerazzuri wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 am
If it's not consequential, you're just creating more work for the caseworker and other administrative staff that will handle those materials. It won't help your application. You're just making more work for them to do.
Very well said. For example personally I work in a role dealing with applications from individuals (not HO but very similar) and I am happy as long as these applicants don’t start causing me extra work. When they do, that will just slow everything down because I just don’t feel like looking into their applications.

ihaveaquickquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ihaveaquickquestion » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:55 am

So in the end I only sent cover letter to Home Office to correct some of the mistakes I made in the application. Namely job name and start date being off by few days for the work I was doing more than 10 years ago. I did not attach anything else to make sure person going through the application does not have to do extra work. Did it matter, I don't know. I wanted to stay on the safe side anyway.
I got my invitation letter in the post roughly 8 weeks after my application. This summarises this thread. Thank you everyone for contributing their answers.