ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm on tier2 General, I have got a confusion in regards to the date from which I can calculate my eligibility for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashrafprof
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

I'm on tier2 General, I have got a confusion in regards to the date from which I can calculate my eligibility for ILR

Post by ashrafprof » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi,

I'm on tier2 General, I have got a confusion in regards to the date from which I can calculate my eligibility for ILR, is 5 years counted from the date of visa issue or UK entry? etc.,

My tier2 visa was granted on 20 March 2014 and UK entry is on 10 July 2014.

Could I apply for ILR from date of visa issue or date of UK entry(about 110 days delayed)?
Do I need to provide evidence for the dealy?

Could you please suggest on ^

Regards
Ash

khan_80
Pakistan

Re: I'm on tier2 General, I have got a confusion in regards to the date from which I can calculate my eligibility for IL

Post by khan_80 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:13 pm

ashrafprof wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Hi,

I'm on tier2 General, I have got a confusion in regards to the date from which I can calculate my eligibility for ILR, is 5 years counted from the date of visa issue or UK entry? etc.,

My tier2 visa was granted on 20 March 2014 and UK entry is on 10 July 2014.

Could I apply for ILR from date of visa issue or date of UK entry(about 110 days delayed)?
Do I need to provide evidence for the dealy?

Could you please suggest on ^

Regards
Ash
Hi Ash
you can apply 28 days before the completion of 5th Anniversary of your visa granted date, which will be 24th Feb 2019 onwards any time.
As the Gap between the Visa granted date and Entry to UK is less then 180 days you can count this time towards the ILR, keep in mind that these 110 days (between 20th March 14 to 10th July 14) will be counted towards the 180 days Rule in 12 months. So if you don't have 180 days in any 12 months out side the UK, you are ok to apply from 24th Feb 2019 onwards.

ashrafprof
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: I'm on tier2 General, I have got a confusion in regards to the date from which I can calculate my eligibility for IL

Post by ashrafprof » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:55 am

Thanks for reply !

Do I have provide evidence for the delay to Uk entry ?

Regards
Ash

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:19 am