ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parliamentary Ombudsman

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miles
Newly Registered

Parliamentary Ombudsman

Post by miles » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi all,

I was just wondering has anyone on here had their complaint referred to the ombudsman by their MP. If so how long did it take and what happened?

I ask because ours was referred yesterday. My Zimbabwean wife applied for her ILR after 2 year spouse visa on 3rd July 2007. We went together to Croydon and Paid £950.00 for the Premium one day service. They told us they could not decide on the day and to expect an answer within 13 weeks. We are still waiting 49 weeks later. We have complained twice to no avail.

Newguy
Newly Registered

Post by Newguy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 am

Hi there.Thats not unusual for applications taking that long.I have myself been waiting over 5 Years for the the Home office to make a decision on a spouse visa and i am not even a overstayer or asylum seeker.Initialy they said it would take 8 weeks and taht turned into years.After contacting the complaints department a year ago they have only followed it up 2 months back.last week i got a letter saying they have my file and it will be sent to the right department for concideration.2 days later i received another letter asking for documents and proof going back to 2000 which i have to send back within 28 days(makes you laugh,they take 5 years and i get 28 days to reply).They can take how ever long they feel like taking and all we have to do is sit and be patient.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:03 pm

Thats not unusual for applications taking that long
Not for a premium service application. If they can not decide on same day they should NOT charge for same day service.
I have myself been waiting over 5 Years for the the Home office to make a decision on a spouse visa and i am not even a overstayer or asylum seeker.
That IS very unusual. Out of curiosity, what was your initial status when you applied? You should have contacted your local MP to make things faster. 5 Years is a long time.
After contacting the complaints department a year ago they have only followed it up 2 months back
Compliant department in Home Office is complete waste of time and space. They don't normally respond. All you can get from them is an acknowledgement letter. Thats it.
They can take how ever long they feel like taking and all we have to do is sit and be patient.
That does not apply to all the applications.

Newguy
Newly Registered

Post by Newguy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:12 pm

I applied in 2002 when i was on a visitor visa.back then you could apply for a spouse visa while in the uk.i didnt mean that its usual for you to pay for a premium service and then told that they cant decide there.What i meant was that there are loads of cases where they havnt been decided after a few years.
I did go to see my MP 2 years ago and he wrote to the woman who was incharge and she wrote back to him stating that they have to deal with Asylum seekers and illigal immigrants first,they are the main priority and they only have so much recources.She also stated that my case wasnt urgent and i should wait.She couldnt tell when it would be considered but they would write to me soon.So after me chasing them up for 5 years i think the end is in sight,hopefully

miles
Newly Registered

Post by miles » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:34 am

So have you been stuck without a passport for five years, unable to travel?

If so you have an amazing amount of patience. You should definately go to the ombudsman.

Thay have already contacted us and said they are investigating our case.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Newguy wrote:

I did go to see my MP 2 years ago and he wrote to the woman who was incharge and she wrote back to him stating that they have to deal with Asylum seekers and illigal immigrants first,they are the main priority and they only have so much recources.She also stated that my case wasnt urgent and i should wait.She couldnt tell when it would be considered but they would write to me soon.So after me chasing them up for 5 years i think the end is in sight,hopefully
What rot! illegal immigrants go right to the back of the queue. sounds like they're using the same excuse for every one. Contact the ombudsman.
Oh, the drama...!