ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR - Query on eligibility, application and documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 General to ILR - Query on eligibility, application and documents

Post by gk642 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 am

Hi All,

I have started filling my ILR application and need few clarifications on my eligibility, application and documents. Appreciate if you could shed some light.

Visa details:
  • visa application : Set(O)
  • visa category : Tier 2 General
  • visa start date : 7 MAR 2014
  • UK entry date : 23 MAR 2014
  • visa end date : 20 March 2020 (6 years - first visa with maximum 3 years and extension with minimum 3 years)
Eligiblity:
  • When am I eligibile to submit ILR application - 5 years from visa issue date (7 FEB 2014) or UK entry date (23 FEB 2014) or 28 days before end date (20 FEB 2020)?
Application Form:
  • "Do you have a valid national identity card?" Apart from passport I do not have anything else with a original copy here in UK. Can I say "No" or use passport?
  • "Do you have a degree that was taught in English?" I do not have the documents in UK to get them verified with UKNARIC so I took English test as it was easy. So, if I answer "Yes" to this question but say "No" to "Does it meet the english requirement" question, NARIC letter still gets added to my document check list. Can I just answer "No"?
Documents:
  • "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences" - Can the letter be limited to my holidays outside UK only or all the holidays with the company in 5 years?
  • "Evidence of my immigration status in the UK?" What do I need to produce - a letter from employer?. BRP card is already in the document list separately.
  • "Your most recent payslip and your most recent bank/ building society statement" Can I produce only one month bank statement and one payslip? People on the forum mentioned about producing up to 12 statments and also all bank accounts they have. I am planning to produce just my secondary bank statement to keep it short. What exactly do I need?
  • "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules" - do I need to produce all the documents used for applying Tier 2 for this in originals? I have photo copies of all of them but no originals to few.
Cheers!
gona

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - Query on eligibility, application and documents

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:14 am

• When am I eligibile to submit ILR application - 5 years from visa issue date (7 FEB 2014) or UK entry date (23 FEB 2014) or 28 days before end date (20 FEB 2020)?
28 days from completing your 5 years from visa issue date
  • "Do you have a valid national identity card?" Apart from passport I do not have anything else with a original copy here in UK. Can I say "No" or use passport?
Answer No
  • "Do you have a degree that was taught in English?" I do not have the documents in UK to get them verified with UKNARIC so I took English test as it was easy. So, if I answer "Yes" to this question but say "No" to "Does it meet the english requirement" question, NARIC letter still gets added to my document check list. Can I just answer "No"?
Why would you answer Yes to something you should answer NO ?!
  • "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences" - Can the letter be limited to my holidays outside UK only or all the holidays with the company in 5 years?
Yes
  • "Evidence of my immigration status in the UK?" What do I need to produce - a letter from employer?. BRP card is already in the document list separately.
It is the BRP
  • "Your most recent payslip and your most recent bank/ building society statement" Can I produce only one month bank statement and one payslip? People on the forum mentioned about producing up to 12 statments and also all bank accounts they have. I am planning to produce just my secondary bank statement to keep it short. What exactly do I need?
One payslip and recent bank statement is enough. Ignore what other do on the forum
  • "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules" - do I need to produce all the documents used for applying Tier 2 for this in originals? I have photo copies of all of them but no originals to few.
No need to provide anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks for your response @Zimba. This clarifies everything so far. I will have to request letters from my employer and hopefully they are straight forward.
"Do you have a degree that was taught in English?" I do not have the documents in UK to get them verified with UKNARIC so I took English test as it was easy. So, if I answer "Yes" to this question but say "No" to "Does it meet the english requirement" question, NARIC letter still gets added to my document check list. Can I just answer "No"?
Why would you answer Yes to something you should answer NO ?!
This one has a follow up question: "do you have a degree in english? does it meet UKNARIC? do you english test".
My english degree was used for applying Tier 2. So I wanted to answer precisely YES for it and NO for UKNARIC. Unfortunately the system still asks to bring UKNARIC. I will answer them as NO and NO then since I do not have to show documents from my Tier 2.

Cheers!

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi All,

I have booked my appointment and now uploading documents. Tried my best to categorise the documents. Does it matter? They are not very obvious.

What is Proof of Identity/Travel History? Do I need to upload my brp as identity and passport stamps for absences here?

Rest of the documents are uploaded as below. Please let me know if anything is not right:

Code: Select all

* proof of application - passport + consent form
* residence in the UK - BRP
* Finances - 1 month Payslip + 1 month Bank Statement
* Sponsors/Employment - 1 letter (detailing both absences and continuity of employment) + list of absences (employer left if for me but mentioned the same in the letter that I have been travelling for work/holiday)
* educational - life in the uk test+ english test
* Other - single document of every other document I have uploaded just in case 
Cheers!
gona

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:55 pm

gk642 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:40 pm
Hi All,

I have booked my appointment and now uploading documents. Tried my best to categorise the documents. Does it matter? They are not very obvious.

What is Proof of Identity/Travel History? Do I need to upload my brp as identity and passport stamps for absences here?

Rest of the documents are uploaded as below. Please let me know if anything is not right:

Code: Select all

* proof of application - passport + consent form
* residence in the UK - BRP
* Finances - 1 month Payslip + 1 month Bank Statement
* Sponsors/Employment - 1 letter (detailing both absences and continuity of employment) + list of absences (employer left if for me but mentioned the same in the letter that I have been travelling for work/holiday)
* educational - life in the uk test+ english test
* Other - single document of every other document I have uploaded just in case 
Cheers!
gona
seems correct
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:16 pm

Thanks for your response. Much appreciate it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:53 pm

gk642 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:16 pm
Thanks for your response. Much appreciate it.
It is a common belief on the forum that the whole passport should be uploaded including the blank pages not just the stamps. Thought to draw your attention to it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:29 am

I had only front and back pages of my passport in 'Proof of Application' section and totally ignored the entire 'Proof of Identity/Travel History' section.

Will certainly upload all of my passport in to the later section as you mentioned. Thanks!

Chandan1
Newly Registered

Post by Chandan1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi GK
Have you applied for your ILR application and whats your status.

Regards

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:04 am

As previously mentioned, I have booked my appointment. Its next week so just waiting for the day to come. Will update the status and timelines in this post if that helps. Do you have any specific query for me?

Chandan1
Newly Registered

Post by Chandan1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi
gk642 thanks for letting us know. Please share your whole ILR application experience after you get result.

Regards

Chandan1
Newly Registered

Post by Chandan1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi Everyone,
I just want to check whether i can pay ILR payment using my AMEX Credit Card.

Thanks for helping in advance

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:00 pm

Chandan1 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:17 pm
Hi Everyone,
I just want to check whether i can pay ILR payment using my AMEX Credit Card.

Thanks for helping in advance
I guess so. I've paid my visa fee with credit card before so you shouldn't have any issues.

Anyways, at the payment page it would show you the options.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

mathk
Newly Registered
India

Post by mathk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi gk642,

All the best for your application !

I also have same question as you on the below,

Do you have a degree that was taught in English?" I do not have the documents in UK to get them verified with UKNARIC so I took English test as it was easy. So, if I answer "Yes" to this question but say "No" to "Does it meet the english requirement" question, NARIC letter still gets added to my document check list. Can I just answer "No"?

Do you mind sharing the answers you gave in your application, for below questions,

Do you have a degree that was taught in English?

Does your degree meet English language requirement for this visa ?

Thanks !

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi mathk,

I finished my appointment yesterday and got the confirmation email too. So all good now. Just waiting for the decision letter and BRP.
mathk wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:33 pm
Do you have a degree that was taught in English?

Does your degree meet English language requirement for this visa ?
I answered "No" and "No" to be able to skip UK NARIC route.

I took English test instead at Trinity College London as the process is straight forward and you get the reference number within a day or two. It costs £150.

I initially thought I needed UKNARIC "red" route. It costs £165, takes 10-12 days for the result plus the delay to get my documents to UK (in my case). However, some threads speak about UKNARIC "blue" route which costs much less (£60?). But confirm with the moderators first and choose what suits you the best.

Wish you good luck!

mathk
Newly Registered
India

Post by mathk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks for your reply!

Congratulations on your ILR !