ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS change of mind

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jimo2020
Newly Registered
United States of America

COS change of mind

Post by Jimo2020 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:57 am

Hello all,

I am in a bit of a confused situation. Any guidance from you guys would be very helpful.

I worked here on a Tier 2 General Migrant visa. I resigned my job a couple weeks ago as I have received an offer from a new company. I have resigned before I could get my new visa since I had to serve a notice period.

It came to my attention that my new employer are facing significant financial problems which scared me and I am considering staying at my current employer.

My new employer has applied for a COS and it was allocated to me last month, but I haven't applied for the visa yet my current one have not cancelled his sponsorship yet. If I decided to stay would be the visa consequences? and can i cancel the new employer COS?

Thanks in advance.
J

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: COS change of mind

Post by UKLL » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Jimo2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:57 am
Hello all,

I am in a bit of a confused situation. Any guidance from you guys would be very helpful.

I worked here on a Tier 2 General Migrant visa. I resigned my job a couple weeks ago as I have received an offer from a new company. I have resigned before I could get my new visa since I had to serve a notice period.

It came to my attention that my new employer are facing significant financial problems which scared me and I am considering staying at my current employer.

My new employer has applied for a COS and it was allocated to me last month, but I haven't applied for the visa yet my current one have not cancelled his sponsorship yet. If I decided to stay would be the visa consequences? and can i cancel the new employer COS?

Thanks in advance.
J
Your new CoS has nothing to do with your current visa! You can cancel it, or simply not use it. However if you have resigned then your current employer should in theory inform the Home Office which will trigger your current visa being curtailed. You mentioned that your current employer has not done it yet so best thing to do is to let your current employer know as soon as possible that you would like to stay and ask them NOT to inform the Home Office. To be honest you should resign after your new visa has been approved.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: COS change of mind

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm

UKLL wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm
Jimo2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:57 am
Hello all,

Thanks in advance.
J
Your new CoS has nothing to do with your current visa! You can cancel it, or simply not use it. However if you have resigned then your current employer should in theory inform the Home Office which will trigger your current visa being curtailed. You mentioned that your current employer has not done it yet so best thing to do is to let your current employer know as soon as possible that you would like to stay and ask them NOT to inform the Home Office. To be honest you should resign after your new visa has been approved.
Current employer only informs HO after the tier 2 migrant has left the job and no longer employed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.