ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay FLR(M) from UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delay FLR(M) from UK

Post by brenn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:41 am

Hi everyone. On 27th of Dec I've applied to switch from a business visa to spouse visa from the UK (Online, Non Priority). I've done my Biometrics the same day and posted all my documents.

7 weeks passed, and we received a letter acknowledging our application and advising to have our biometrics taken. I assume it's a standard letter so I ignored the bit about biometrics. Since then we haven't heard anything and we're now getting very anxious as we were planning to go to my home country in April for our wedding.

I was wondering if there's a delay and if this happened to anybody else? Most people seem to receive their visa in 1-2 months, sometimes within a few weeks. I thought the letter should have come much sooner after my application, and wonder if I need to wait 8 weeks after the date of that letter.. If we still haven't got an answer by the mid/end of March we'll have to ask for my passport and (previous) visa back, neither expired yet so should be okay to leave the country and come back, although I'm worried they'll want to cancel my whole application as they are the most important documents. We would love to hear from anybody else who might have had a similar experience, or have any info or advice. Thanks!

luannacool
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Delay FLR(M) from UK

Post by luannacool » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:01 am

It is 8 weeks from the day the biometrics are done.
If you still have a valid visa they would send back your passport, but if you leave the country as intended, your application will be considered withdrawn.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:01 am

You should not leave the UK until your new visa is granted. Leaving the UK will result in your application being treated as withdrawn.

The standard time frame for postal is 8-12 weeks usually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by brenn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks both for your quick replies.

It's been 9 weeks since my application+biometrics (I've made my application after gathering all docs and sent the docs+bio together within 2 days).

I would hate my application to be cancelled but our wedding is more important (and expensive) than that.

Is it normal for someone to receive the confirmation letter 7 weeks after the biometrics?

I've noticed some people mentioning letters/emails informing them of an officer being assigned for their application etc. Does everyone receive these? If so we'll stop expecting to receive our answer every time we find recycled paper post in the mail, since we've not heard of anything like that yet. :(

I've read online some people contact the HO/call centre and ask for their application to be escalated, is this something you recommend?

luannacool
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by luannacool » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am

I got the letter last Friday, and on Monday (7weeks after biometrics) i got the documents back and Tuesday the BRP arrived. But mine was the spouse visa extension.
You can always try to call them to ask how far is you application process already, you have nothing to lose.

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by brenn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:15 am

luannacool wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am
I got the letter last Friday, and on Monday (7weeks after biometrics) i got the documents back and Tuesday the BRP arrived. But mine was the spouse visa extension.
You can always try to call them to ask how far is you application process already, you have nothing to lose.
Good to hear someone else also got the confirmation letter after 7 weeks of applying. Congrats on getting your answer too! Hope I will as well before the 12th week.

I called the call centre just now, apparently they can't check or know anything, I was told to write a letter to the address I've sent my documents to, so I'll do that today. Thank you.

luannacool
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by luannacool » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:30 am

brenn wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:15 am
luannacool wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am
Good to hear someone else also got the confirmation letter after 7 weeks of applying. Congrats on getting your answer too! Hope I will as well before the 12th week.

I called the call centre just now, apparently they can't check or know anything, I was told to write a letter to the address I've sent my documents to, so I'll do that today. Thank you.
If nothing works, wait until the 8th week and contact your MP and explain your case and ask him/her to contact the HO for you. But not before 8 weeks.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:32 am

You say you're going abroad for your wedding. Are you already legally married to your British/ settled spouse?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:42 pm

brenn wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:41 am

7 weeks passed, and we received a letter acknowledging our application and advising to have our biometrics taken. I assume it's a standard letter so I ignored the bit about biometrics.
Does that acknowledgement letter contain some scanning barcodes on it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by brenn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:42 pm
brenn wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:41 am

7 weeks passed, and we received a letter acknowledging our application and advising to have our biometrics taken. I assume it's a standard letter so I ignored the bit about biometrics.
Does that acknowledgement letter contain some scanning barcodes on it.
Yes it does but I received that already when I was finishing my online application, and had my biometrics taken (even included one of the papers about it in my post, i did keep receipts though).
physicskate wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:32 am
You say you're going abroad for your wedding. Are you already legally married to your British/ settled spouse?
@physicskate yes we already legally married in the UK.
luannacool wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:30 am
If nothing works, wait until the 8th week and contact your MP and explain your case and ask him/her to contact the HO for you. But not before 8 weeks.

@luannacool thanks for the suggestion, I'm at the 9th week so will look into how to contact our MP for this tomorrow.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:48 pm

Maybe your case delaying because of some error where HO might want your biometrics again.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by brenn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:48 pm
Maybe your case delaying because of some error where HO might want your biometrics again.
Maybe! If that's the case, I wish they contacted me about it instead of this radio silence!

I've contacted our local MP and got a reply this Monday that they've contacted the Home Office. But nothing else since. It's now been 10 weeks since I've applied.

Our flight tickets are for the 16th of April. So I will need to cancel my application at least 10 days before that. I can not trust that 10 day period of the Home Office either, so will do this in 2 -3 weeks. So frustrating..

I've realised I can't email UKVI as I applied from inside the UK. Call centre wasn't helpful. Does anyone have any other advice on what I can do to escalate this?

Kenjie
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Kenjie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi! I applied for my flr m on the 9th of May online and attended the biometric on the 24th May which included submitting docs. It’s been 12 weeks and I have not had any status update despite escalating twice already via the UK home office contact centre. Is anyone else in the same boat? What else can I do to expedite my application.