ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

not same amount but below the financial requirement amount

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

forreviews
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

not same amount but below the financial requirement amount

Post by forreviews » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi,
Need really urgent help about these question, I am doing 2 jobs at the moment, from 1st job started in March 18 and earned £13000 per annum and 2nd job I started in May 2018 as self emloyment (tax return is not due as applying for flrm before Apr 19) from 2nd job I earned so far £15000. I will include letter from my accountant to confirm about my income from self employment too. I am so confused what option shall I choose?

a) same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
b) not same amount continuously, ablove the financial requirement amount
c) same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
d) not same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount.

Just let you know I am contracted to 30hr but I do some extra hours. can you please also guide me to where shall I put details of self employment. Advance thank you.

tallojani

Re: not same amount but below the financial requirement amount

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 pm

forreviews wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:33 pm
Hi,
Need really urgent help about these question, I am doing 2 jobs at the moment, from 1st job started in March 18 and earned £13000 per annum and 2nd job I started in May 2018 as self emloyment (tax return is not due as applying for flrm before Apr 19) from 2nd job I earned so far £15000. I will include letter from my accountant to confirm about my income from self employment too. I am so confused what option shall I choose?

a) same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
b) not same amount continuously, ablove the financial requirement amount
c) same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
d) not same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount.

Just let you know I am contracted to 30hr but I do some extra hours. can you please also guide me to where shall I put details of self employment. Advance thank you.
Don't want to scare you but warn you, my sister-in-law was refused her FLR(M) visa because my brother's financial situation was similar to yours. He was employed part-time (salaried) and started working as self-employed half way through the year (August) along with continuing part-time job. They applied for spouse visa extension which got refused.

As far as i am aware, for self-employment income to be considered you need to have completed one full year of self-employment work and have paid the relevant tax for that financial year. see the guidance link.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

forreviews
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by forreviews » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Thank you for quick response,
1) any idea what option did they chose?
2) in tax year of 2017-18 my income is over 18600 and am sending all jobs' p45(as have not received p60 from any of from previuos employer) with application, would they accept 2017-18's income as financial requirement? Thanks

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:31 pm

forreviews wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 pm
Thank you for quick response,
1) any idea what option did they chose?
2) in tax year of 2017-18 my income is over 18600 and am sending all jobs' p45(as have not received p60 from any of from previuos employer) with application, would they accept 2017-18's income as financial requirement? Thanks
If 2017-2018 income if through self-employment, i can't see a reason why they would refuse to accept it. Wait for seniors to comment.
They informed the HO in cover letter that they do not meet the financial requirements as self-employment year was incomplete, the were refused due to not completing one full year of self-employment, they appealed and won the appeal due to special circumstances.

forreviews
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by forreviews » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:37 pm

from 2017-18 was salaried (not self employed) from 3 different employers and total is £19000. I would include tex return if visa were expiring after April 19.