ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund query

Post by faisalliaqat » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Hello All,

I will appreciate some advice and clarification from someone as I am a bit confused about it.

I am applying for Tier-1 (general) in this week from within the UK. During the transitional arrangements for Maintenance Fund before 29th June, is it ok if I just send my latest bank statement covering the month of May having an ending balance of a minimum of £800 or do I still need a bank statement covering the last 3 months?

Thanks.

irf_bar

YOU NEED TO HAVE 3 MONTHS OLD STATEMENTS

Post by irf_bar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi Faisal,

If you r applying from the UK then u need 2 show £800 balance for yours last the three months (piror to urs application date)

I don't think that only one month statement is enough for yours maintnc fund.

Best of luck for yours application.

Regards,
Irf

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:54 pm

IRF_BAR if you dont know about something please dont put such information.

what u have said is completely wrong. its true that u need to show only 1 month til 29th june,

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 pm

vipul1981 wrote:IRF_BAR if you dont know about something please dont put such information.

what u have said is completely wrong. its true that u need to show only 1 month til 29th june,
Agreed. In case people make such sweeping comments they should check the guidance (infact if possible refer them in the mail).

Please see the following:

Normally, when applying from within the United Kingdom, you will have to show that you have enough funds, by sending documentation showing you have had savings of at least £800 for at least three months before applying.

Because this is a new requirement and it may be difficult to prove this immediately, we have put transitional arrangements in place for applicants and their family members submitting their applications within the United Kingdom up to and including 29 June 2008.

Up to 29 June 2008, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply. The types of documents you need to send to support your application are detailed below. Until 29 June 2008, they do not need to cover the three-month period, but they must be dated no more than a month before your application.

For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (General) on 12 June, a single bank statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 May and 12 June will meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 May will not be acceptable.

web link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 pm

Thank you vipul1981 and push_hsmp for your information. This clarifies my confusion.

Gops!
Newly Registered

Funds!

Post by Gops! » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:27 am

Hi,

I applied for HSMP on Feb 26 from india, Got approval on May 15.
Now am planning to apply for Entry clearance!

Do i have to show GDP 2800 for 3 mnts or i have to show that i have GDP 2800 at the time of applying?

When i go through this forum , For people applying from UK befor june 29, they can show that they have funds in that account while applying not for entire 3 months, does it applies to people from india also?

Thanks for your help

Gops

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Funds!

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Please refrain from cluttering the board with duplicate posts.

regards
Gops! wrote:Hi,

I applied for HSMP on Feb 26 from india, Got approval on May 15.
Now am planning to apply for Entry clearance!

Do i have to show GDP 2800 for 3 mnts or i have to show that i have GDP 2800 at the time of applying?

When i go through this forum , For people applying from UK befor june 29, they can show that they have funds in that account while applying not for entire 3 months, does it applies to people from india also?

Thanks for your help

Gops

chiru1973
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Maintenance Fund

Post by chiru1973 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Dear Friends:

I have one query, I have taken a personal loan which I submitted in my salaried account mistakenly,and that money I will show as a Maintenance Fund.

My plan was to put it in the other account & to show that with a notarised deed as if I got the same as gift from my own elder brother.

Now, for doing so, I have to transfer the same amount from my salaried account to the other account.

My apprehension is if I do so, the ECO will raise doubt on the authenticity of my DEED,because while he will check my salaried account for previous earning he will come to know about this big transaction.Although this much amount suffice the partial requirement of the total maintenance fund I need to show.

If I ask my banker to give only the details of the transcation which shows my previous 12 months earning in their letter head ,not all the transactions, plus my salary slips ,will that suffice my previous earning evidence.In that case I can show my 3 months bank statement of the salaried account plus some other account as Maintenance Fund.

Please advice me what should I do now.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:47 am

Please do not take it otherwise but you seem to be seeking our help on how to cleverly misrepresent the facts ??
My plan was to put it in the other account & to show that with a notarised deed as if I got the same as gift from my own elder brother.
My apprehension is if I do so, the ECO will raise doubt on the authenticity of my DEED,because while he will check my salaried account for previous earning he will come to know about this big transaction.Although this much amount suffice the partial requirement of the total maintenance fund I need to show.
He has every right to do so.

Now if you really want to be on the right side of the fence, clearly state in your cover letter that you have borrowed these funds for supporting yourself in London. Provide the personal loan documents and you should be fine. I saw a number of posts on this forum which indicated that they borrowed from banks to show sufficient funds at their disposal and declared it in their application too. This was in HSMP days.

regards,

push_hsmp