ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can doctrors[MBBS] apply for Tier1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sriju123
Newly Registered

Can doctrors[MBBS] apply for Tier1?

Post by sriju123 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:16 am

Dear All,

I want to know if doctors apply for Tier1? Pleae let me know.

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 am

yes but the visa will not be valid for training posts unless you are already in training and hold visas like HSMP etc.,

you can take only nontraining posts

vinoth

sriju123
Newly Registered

Post by sriju123 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:05 am

Oh then Ok. I have already completed 2 years back and already practicing in a private firm. Hope I can apply for Tier1. Iam I right?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can doctrors[MBBS] apply for Tier1?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:11 am

Where are you currently? If outside UK, have you cleared PLAB exams? Do you hold GMC registration?

regards
sriju123 wrote:Dear All,

I want to know if doctors apply for Tier1? Pleae let me know.

tier_1_applicant
Newly Registered

Similar Query...

Post by tier_1_applicant » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:01 pm

I have a friend who is a doctor and I was wondering if she can get a training post now if she applied under Tier 1 dependent. Please let me know, here are her details:

1. Holds full gmc registration
2. Was working in a non-training SHO post when her WP visa expired and had to return to India in July 2007 (she couldn't apply for HSMP then because she wasn't eligible)
3. Since then, she has been working in India

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Similar Query...

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Unfortunately, your friend will not be eligible for training posts under Tier 1.

regards
tier_1_applicant wrote:I have a friend who is a doctor and I was wondering if she can get a training post now if she applied under Tier 1 dependent. Please let me know, here are her details:

1. Holds full gmc registration
2. Was working in a non-training SHO post when her WP visa expired and had to return to India in July 2007 (she couldn't apply for HSMP then because she wasn't eligible)
3. Since then, she has been working in India

tier_1_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by tier_1_applicant » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:59 pm

That is pretty sad!

Anyway, does this mean that she cannot apply even for GP Training? Also will she have to sign any written agreement at the time of her dependent application?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 pm

tier_1_applicant wrote:Anyway, does this mean that she cannot apply even for GP Training?
Training post is a training post - be it for becoming a GP or a consultant in another specialty.
tier_1_applicant wrote:Also will she have to sign any written agreement at the time of her dependent application?
Didn't follow your query.
Employment and switching rules for dependents wrote:Your dependants are allowed to work, though your partner may not be allowed to work as a doctor in training.
regards

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:09 pm

As said earlier you cant apply for any training posts - GP or any specialty.

Consultants post are not training posts.

Regarding dependents, as far s I am aware dependents of the new tier 1 system (if you are entering new) will have the same validity of visa for training post as the main applicant.

ref
STATEMENT OF
CHANGES IN
IMMIGRATION RULES
Laid before Parliament on 6 February 2008 under section 3(2) of
The Immigration Act 1971 section 319(D)

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary
Last edited by vinoth7007 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

sriju123
Newly Registered

Post by sriju123 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:06 am

Hi Mehta,

I am in india. I have not cleared PLAB tests nor do I have registration. Is it compulsory to have these? Please let me know. Do you have any link which explicitly says about this?

Thanks in advance

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:47 am

Long way to go doctor and lots of home work to do. But dont worry these forum are there to guide and help people like you.

you get all the information about registration in

www.gmc-uk.org

It is like the medical council of India or for that matter medical council from which ever country you are from and with out registration with those councils you cant practice.

Think very carefully before deciding to come here.

Have a look at www.bmjcareers.com and read the articles on difficulties faced by overseas doctors.

After reading these if you still decide to come here and if you have any queries email me and I am quite happy to guide you.

good luck
vinoth
Last edited by vinoth7007 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:50 pm

sriju123 wrote:I am in india. I have not cleared PLAB tests nor do I have registration. Is it compulsory to have these? Please let me know. Do you have any link which explicitly says about this?
Forget bout Tier 1 for the time being and first focus on the conditions that you will need to fulfil before you can legally work in UK as a "doctor".

The first step in that direction is clearing the PLAB exams. *But* one would want to take a step in this direction only after understanding the immigration rules for doctors since these hugely influence employment prospects for international medical graduates (IMG)in UK. See IMG section on GMC website for more information.

As pointed out in earlier posts, you will not be allowed to work in training posts under Tier 1.

If I may take the liberty to say so, you are thinking of a better career prospects in UK as a doctor at a time when the UK government has effectively closed all doors for non-UK/EU qualified doctors ... at least for all those who want to train to become consultants. This is in no way to discourage you but, unfortunately, this is a bitter truth.

regards