ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can spouse fly out of uk for a week 1 day after collecting BRP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pathanman
Newly Registered

Can spouse fly out of uk for a week 1 day after collecting BRP

Post by pathanman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:01 am

Hi,

My spouse is coming to the UK on spouse visa soon. However she needs to exit the country for a week for personal reasons a day after collecting her BRP.

Is that likely to cause any problems at immigration? Will the entry clearance officers question why the spouse left country right next day after collecting BRP if intending to reside here on permanent basis with me?

There is a genuine reason for leaving which can be explained if needed.

Appreciate any advice.

Obviously leaving at some later date would be pretty normal and usual. I'm just wondering if leaving so soon after entry would raise any issues.

Thanks!

Ben11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Can spouse fly out of uk for a week 1 day after collecting BRP

Post by Ben11 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:48 am

Hello,

FYI, Date of issue mentioned in BRP is not the date of collection. Generally, the date of issue in BRP is one day lesser than your UK Visa validity start date stamped on your passport.

Also, the UK does not stamp your passport on exit, however, they still know you have left. The airline company will forward a record of your departure electronically to customs on your behalf.

So an officer cannot directly find out when your spouse collected the BRP unless the spouse traveled on a Monday, collected BRP on Tuesday and left the country on Wednesday.

Regards,
Ben11

luannacool
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by luannacool » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:55 am

As long as she doesn't stay over 90 days out it shouldn't be a problem. To extend the visa you can not stay too long outside UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:00 am

luannacool wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:55 am
As long as she doesn't stay over 90 days out it shouldn't be a problem. To extend the visa you can not stay too long outside UK.
Incorrect! The 90 absence rule only applies to British citizenship. There is NO such rule for FLR(M) or SET(M). :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.