ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect Age on Marriage Certififcate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leislas
Newly Registered
Mexico

Incorrect Age on Marriage Certififcate

Post by leislas » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello,

My husband and I are getting ready to apply for a spouse visa (for me), we have an appointment coming up soon at the visa application centre. He's a British citizen and I am from Mexico. Upon looking at all our documents, we have just noticed an error on our marriage certificate: it has my age listed as being one year younger. We are currently trying to fix the issue, but the register office tells us that it could take months (without a specific date) for the paperwork to go through.

We want to apply soon and not miss our appointment, would the following be advisable:

Include our marriage certificate, but also provide evidence of the official application registration to have the age corrected, and that the process is under way (but could take months). Every other detail is correct in the certificate, it's just the age written down wrong.

Best wishes and thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Incorrect Age on Marriage Certififcate

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 pm

leislas wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:49 pm
Hello,

My husband and I are getting ready to apply for a spouse visa (for me), we have an appointment coming up soon at the visa application centre. He's a British citizen and I am from Mexico. Upon looking at all our documents, we have just noticed an error on our marriage certificate: it has my age listed as being one year younger. We are currently trying to fix the issue, but the register office tells us that it could take months (without a specific date) for the paperwork to go through.

We want to apply soon and not miss our appointment, would the following be advisable:

Include our marriage certificate, but also provide evidence of the official application registration to have the age corrected, and that the process is under way (but could take months). Every other detail is correct in the certificate, it's just the age written down wrong.

Best wishes and thank you!
Since the application fee is extremely high and HO mostly exercise no discretion over any discrepancy found in any documents. Therefore, applying when its get fixed will be more safer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.