ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

grant1
Member of Standing

Please Help

Post by grant1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:14 am

Good morning everyone! :D

I am planning to apply for the Tier-1 soon: i v got all the paperwork ready and just wanted to check everything is ok before applying. this is a great place to do that.

so i am claiming 80 points:

under 28 - 20 points

Qualifications : 30 points

bachleor degree which is on the HO points calculator.

previous earnings: above 26000 : 25 points

12 months payslips .

bank statements from 2 separate banks as my salary was paid into two different banks but i have included the cover note explaining that

previous earnings in uk : 5points

maintainence funds : i have closing balance of £900 on my 3monthly bank satement

english requirement : bachelor degree on HO points calulator but have included the letter from uni anyways

i am just bit confused about 1 question : page-18 section J2 -

i am currently studying full-time so shuld i mention the start date as when i started studying in uk on my 1st course and the end date as when my present course is finishing??.

is there any thing else i should be careful of : i am just being bit cautious as its a very expensive process worth £750.

Many thanks
god bless

grant
Last edited by grant1 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Student to Tier - 1. Please Help

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:27 am

grant1 wrote:Good morning everyone! :D

i am just bit confused about 1 question : page-18 section J2 -

i am currently studying full-time so shuld i mention the start date as when i started studying in uk on my 1st course and the end date as when my present course is finishing??.
I hope the following from the guidance notes will help:
"To qualify for the full-time study provision applicants must
establish that they either:
• Are currently in full-time study; or
• Have finished a full-time course within the 12 months
immediately prior to their application.
76. Where an applicant can establish that they qualify for the fulltime
study provision, they may submit evidence for earnings
for a period of 12 of the 15 months immediately prior to the
commencement of their period of full-time study.
77. Where an applicant can establish that they have undertaken
more than one course of full-time study, with less than 12
months separating each course, a period of 12 of the 15
months directly prior to the commencement of their first
course of full-time studies will be considered.

78. If the applicant has not yet completed their studies, the date
of application will be considered in lieu of the end-date for their
studies."
In case the two courses that you did were not separated by not more than 12 months, you need to put in the starting date of the first course.

Ands yes, good morning :D

regards,

push_hsmp

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:34 am

many thanks for ur quick response push_hsmp!

g
Last edited by grant1 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:45 am

grant1 wrote:many thanks for ur quick response push_hsmp!

my 1st course started on 09/2006 and finished on 01/2008 and my new crouse started from 01/2008 and finishing on 06/2009.
g
wait a minute. If your course wont be over before 06/2009 why are you applying for Tier-1 NOW?? Do you want to drop out of the course and take up the job?? If yes then I thin I have already replied to your query:
"78. If the applicant has not yet completed their studies, the date
of application will be considered in lieu of the end-date for their
studies.
""
And yes, you need to clearly explain all this in your cover letter.

kind regards,

push_hsmp

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:46 am

how come are you claiming points for U.K earnings while you are on student visa?

are you claiming points for earnings from U.K or from your home country?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:49 am

rizwan567 wrote:how come are you claiming points for U.K earnings while you are on student visa?

are you claiming points for earnings from U.K or from your home country?
I think he clearly said:

previous earnings in uk : 5points

And one can claim points for earnings even if he is a student as per the guidlines. The only thing is, the applicant will have to use the 12-15 month period immediately before he started his full time study.

regards,

push_hsmp

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:51 am

thanks again push_hsmp!

thing is i just finished PG diploma in 01/2008 and then i applied for the HSMP caus i wanted to work and was done with the studies was expiring in 02/08. my hsmp refused last time caus they didnt accept P60 as tax proof ( second evidence ) as it was not for the wholeyear . anyways so i enroled in this course but i am not really in to it so i want to drop it and work instead . i hope its not too much to ask but could u please guide me as to wht to write in the letter to Case worker as i am very cautious not to mess up my case . thank you

plz advise
Last edited by grant1 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:53 am

i entered uk not on student permit but on WHM and then went back to my home country and got student visa before WHM expired .
Last edited by grant1 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:56 am

grant1 wrote:thanks again push_hsmp!

thing is i just finished PG diploma in 01/2008 and then i applied for the HSMP caus i wanted to work and was done with the studies but the reason i joined the new course was to extend my visa as it was expiring in 02/08. my hsmp wa refused last time caus they didnt accept P60 as tax proof ( second evidence ) as it was not for the wholeyear . anyways so i enroled in this course but i am not really in to it so i want to drop it and work instead . i hope its not too mucj to ask but could u please guide me as to wht to write in the letter to Case worker as i am very cautious not to mess up my case.i have student visa valid till 06/2009 . thank you

plz advise
look for standard templates on the board - use the search tool and you should find some real good ones. Regarding your full time studies, you can indicate that although you are a full time student right now, you intend to take up full time job due to personal economic situation and may be you will shift to a part time course instead or whatever. It should not really matter. Just ensure that you want to start working now.

regards,

push_hsmp

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:01 am

Push_hsmp!

you are of great help. god bless you. so do you think everything else seems to be in place in my application. i am just bit careful this as last time i decided to go with a consultant and he messed up my case and didnt help at all, that why i wnet thru the guidance like 3 time alreday . i would have turned to this forum at the first place its a great place. do you think i should really explain the situation with my full time study thing or should i leave it and if they will ask i will explain them. caus sometimes it better not to put too much info on ur application isnt it.

regards

grant

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:13 am

should i leave it and if they will ask i will explain them
they will not ask you for any additional information in normal course. It will be better if you provide this information. When it caused a confusion in my mind, the caseworker is bound to have strong doubts, however unfounded these might be.

I mean he might simply return your application saying that s per the general VISA guidelines, one should apply around 4/5 weeks before his current leave expires. In your case i understand that you are pursuing a full time study course which will finish in....... and your current leave on student VISA will expire in 2009.so on balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that blah blah blah.......

but then this is my opinion and you can take a decision which you think is more helpful in your personal circumstances.

regards,

push_hsmp

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:17 am

Thank you soo much for all your time and help. i really apprecaite it Hsmp_push.

else in my application is ok? like all the evidence's provided for claiming points and stuff.

regards
Last edited by grant1 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:43 am

has anyone else got any advise on this. please post.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:32 pm

grant1 wrote:Thank you soo much for all your time and help. i really apprecaite it Hsmp_push.

just 1 last thing : besides this study thing: do you think everthing else in my application is ok? like all the evidence's provided for claiming points and stuff.

regards
Well all you have provided is the details of points claimed against various point categories, so I am not really sure, what comments can I provide on that?

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:26 am

well the main things i want to check are is it ok if i am supplying bank statements from 2 different banks and thaugh my degree is listed on the self assesment tool, should i still attach the degree taught in english certificate from my degree which i have from last time when i applied for hsmp??

thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:56 pm

well the main things i want to check are is it ok if i am supplying bank statements from 2 different banks
Yes you can as the Guidance note does not say anything to the contrary.
and thaugh my degree is listed on the self assesment tool, should i still attach the degree taught in english certificate from my degree which i have from last time when i applied for hsmp??
No you need not.

Please see the guidance note requirement as below:
"182. Where the degree was taken in another country it will, in
all cases, be assessed by referring to the Self Assessment Tool which is available on the Agency website. This toolcontains information on the equivalency of overseas qualifications provided by UK NARIC.

183. Points can be claimed where the Self Assessment Tool
confirms that
:
• The degree meets or exceeds the equivalent UK level
academic qualification
; and
• the degree was taught to a competent standard
of English equivalent to level C1 on the Council of
Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for
Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).

Checking qualifications184.

Applicants should check their qualification by referring to the Self Assessment Tool which can be found at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.

185. Where the Self Assessment Tool is unable to confirm these details, points will not be awarded for the qualification in question.
186. Where the applicant is unable to find details of their qualification on the Self Assessment Tool, UK NARIC will not be able to verify whether a qualification satisfies the English Language requirement. In these circumstances, applicants should either present an alternative qualification
from the Self Assessment Tool if they possess one, or select an alternative means of satisfying the English Language requirement.
Documentary Requirements

187. For the purposes of paragraph 245F of the Immigration
Rules, the documents specified are as follows:
1. Original degree certificate,
The original degree certificate must clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the title of the award;
• the date of the award; and,
• the name of the awarding institution.
In all cases this document must be provided unless
the applicant is awaiting graduation in which case the
document will be as specified below"
It does not mention the certificate from the University re English qualification, if one gets the requisite marks on the self assessment tool.

regards,

push_hsmp