ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP application proof of residency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stellacat
Hong Kong

BRP application proof of residency

Post by Stellacat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:44 pm

I have ILE/ILR ten years ago but never apply a BRP. Due to the rules have changed that ILE in expired passport does not meet the right of work requirements, I need to apply a BRP.
When I fill the BRP applications online. It requires the proof of residency, I do have a problem with this.I lived abroad for several years for accompanied husband’s employment. But we returned within every two years for holiday, and have returned to live in UK permanently for 18 months now. After do some search for the returning residents guidance and NTL guaidance, I assumed I still keep my ILE status. But the issue is I can’t provide proof of residence for those years I live abroad.
I looked at the paper NTL application form( which I think it is not use anymore because it only need to apply online now) the required support document is
section A All passport or other travel documents you have been issued since you were granted your indefinite leave to enter/remain
Section BIf you are unable to provide the document In section A above and you were granted ILR on a perilous passport, you must provide: evidence of continuous residences in the UK during the period since you were granted indefinite leave.

Now it is bad situation for me that I can’t provide those years proof of residence in UK, I only can provide my passport with UK entry stamps that show I was not absent UK more than two continue years which it should satisfied the Old NTL requirement.
The question it is, What should I do to satisfied HO for the proof of residency requirements? Should I write a cover letter to explain my situation that I lived abroad before but never absent more than continue two years? And now I have lived in UK permanently. I put down the absent period more than 6 months in the online application form as required. Those periods are I can’r Provide the propp of residence.
Also I am wondering as I were admitted enter UK as returning residents, can the HO cancel my ILE because I can’t provide the proof of residency ?

Any advice appreciate and thanks in advance