ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Quick Financial Requirement Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

String
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Quick Financial Requirement Question

Post by String » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:26 am

Hi,

I would appreciate an opinion on the following.

My understanding is that the financial requirement can be met by the applicant, the sponsor, or both. Is this correct?

Is it ok to only submit the applicant's earnings if this is above the threshold? I ask because my wife (applicant) is employed and proving her income is relatively straight forward.

My income (sponsor) is a mix of employed, self-employed and ltd company and therefore far more complicated to piece together.

My thinking is it is far simpler to only submit my wife's earnings and not to submit mine as it adds to the complexity of documents and is technically not necessary. I ask because I don't know whether it will set any alarm bells ringing if they only see income from the applicant despite it being above the threshold.

Thanks for any advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Quick Financial Requirement Question

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 am

String wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:26 am
Hi,

I would appreciate an opinion on the following.

My understanding is that the financial requirement can be met by the applicant, the sponsor, or both. Is this correct? Yes

Is it ok to only submit the applicant's earnings if this is above the threshold? I ask because my wife (applicant) is employed and proving her income is relatively straight forward. Absolutely fine.

My income (sponsor) is a mix of employed, self-employed and ltd company and therefore far more complicated to piece together.

My thinking is it is far simpler to only submit my wife's earnings and not to submit mine as it adds to the complexity of documents and is technically not necessary. I ask because I don't know whether it will set any alarm bells ringing if they only see income from the applicant despite it being above the threshold.

Thanks for any advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:42 am

Thanks very much.

Quick follow up, if she works contacts (employed) for a University which is typical. I'm guessing this is considered temporary for the purposes of the form. Do you think this would have any impact on any decision given she is earning above the threshold and has been for the previous 3 years and is doing at the time of the application?

The form asks specifically if the job is permanent or temporary... I'm wondering why.

Thanks again.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:55 am

There is a requirement for your wife's employer to provide a letter on the company/organisation letterhead, confirming the conditions of her employment, how long she has been employed, the salary and that the employment is ongoing for the 'foreseeable future' + a copy of her contract
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.