ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brazilian visitor refused entry to the uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maidavale nick
Newly Registered

Brazilian visitor refused entry to the uk

Post by Maidavale nick » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 am

Hey guys
I need some quick help and advice please.
my Brazilian friend came to the uk to stay for one month as a visitor, she had a return ticket and a letter from me saying she will be financially supported by me during her visit and I will provide her accommodation, she was however refused entry at the airport because they didn't believe she is here to visit, but they let her leave the airport at 10 pm and booked her a flight to go back to Brazil today at 3 pm, they took her passport away from her.
we were wondering is there anyway she can stay here and leave in month as she planned ? what would be the consequences if she turns up at the airport in a month time when is her return ticket is due and ask for her passport to go back ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Brazilian visitor refused entry to the uk

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 am

What exactly does her refusal document say?

If she does not return and goes AWOL then the consequences for any future return to the UK is nice and simple - she will not be returning for a period of at least a year and possibly never because she is a threat to immigration control.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Brazilian visitor refused entry to the uk

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:10 am

The main reasons for Brazilian refusals at point of entry as they are a visa free nation are -

Belief that the individual is here to work
Belief that individual is involved in the sex industry
Belief that there is an intention not to return - normally because they have too much luggage for their “visit”
Belief that they are here as a boyfriend / girlfriend when they have not declared that - it is not a general refusal point but is indicative of intent and a lack of honesty
If they found any documents / evidence that would indicate any of the above in their luggage then it is game over time.