ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Charactor Requirement - Immigration History - Please Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raybison007
Newly Registered
Brazil

Good Charactor Requirement - Immigration History - Please Help

Post by Raybison007 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi Everyone.

I will possibly get some immigration solicitor help but I also wanted to get your opinion on it and I would really appreciate your comments on this, as I have been googling around and this forum seems the most active on immigration matters.

I have been in the UK since 2003. I was student back in 2007 when I applied for variation of leave to HSMP using previous foreign income.

UKBA at the time, couldn’t verify my payslips with my previous foreign employer (previously Well known company but was in liquidation at the time verification was done) when they went to office & asked the office boy (runner) to provide employment records, who simply told them “He doesn’t know much as he is not the right person and that they should speak to one of the directors, he gave their contact details). My employer had registered my tax deducted at source later with the local revenue office (after the tax year) which was very common there to delay tax payments for employers. But based on two above, UKBA refused my HSMP application and accused me of using deception as they couldn’t verify the income with employer and revenue told them as my tax record was registered with them on the later dates than my payslips. Was a matter of common sense for UKBA but they refused my application.

I took the matter with my ex-employers directors and asked them to contact UKBA and get this sorted however it went back and forth emails exchanges between them, liquidator and UKBA. I still had leave to remain as student, so I later applied for extension for a PDH course in the same year (as my HSMP was gone into a mess). The visa was initially refused due to UKBA accusing me of using deception previously but it was later allowed, as appeal court accepted that HO checks were not appropriate and HO lawyer accepted this. My appeal was allowed, HO did not object it and I continued my PHD and Tier 1 Gen visa routes later. In 2014 I received ILR based on Long residency but when a year later I applied for British Citizenship, my application was refused based on Character requirements that I previously had used deception in the application and that any further application would be refused until September 2018 (Perhaps 10 years from the date my appeal was heard and student extension approved). I did not pursue it further via court or other means one, due to loss of my close family member and also due to avoiding wasting money and time in courts, as my understanding was that Citizenship requirements were different and regardless of UKBA records at that time, or courts remarks HO will apply this character test retrospectively, also it would have been a pain going back to my foreign revenue office/liquidators records abroad and start the justification/verification process all over again.

Apart from this, I don’t have even a single Parking ticket against me, I am a high rate taxpayer, and have 1 Kids (British), whilst my partner is on FLRm .

As the date mentioned :? on my citizenship refusal letter is passed and I am not sure what is the best way to put this case through ? Can HO still refuse my new application even though they only said they will refuse any further applications until Sept’18 ? Are there any new rules since 2015 (since my Citizenship application refusal) that could effect any such applications ?

Any advice would be highly appreciated here please.

Raybison007
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Good Charactor Requirement - Immigration History - Please Help

Post by Raybison007 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:55 am

Any suggestions/comments guys ? :shock:

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 am

you are good to go for BC. :)
for peace of mind you can add a cover note explaining this situation to show your patience despite the fact you could challenge the whole decision on the first place.

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Raybison007 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:55 am
Hi Dear,
Apply for SAR from HO & SAR from PoliceRecords[DBS],this may cost you Total £50.[This will acceelerate ur process]
Put all the points u mentioned w.r.t ur Winning of ur case for Deception.Provide a Detailed covering Letter.
Try apply via Solicitor.
You are all Good to go,why wait?.
Good Luck!!!
Believe In Reality

Raybison007
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Raybison007 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm

gbptier1general wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 pm
Raybison007 wrote:
Hi Dear,
Apply for SAR from HO & SAR from PoliceRecords[DBS],this may cost you Total £50.[This will acceelerate ur process]
Put all the points u mentioned w.r.t ur Winning of ur case for Deception.Provide a Detailed covering Letter.
Try apply via Solicitor.
Good Luck!!!

Thanks!
I believe, i had my SAR from HO, when i was applying for the ILR, to be fair, HO did not provide me with any information about the checks, rest was just normal application forms and their replies etc. Even i remember the judge was quite angry at the HO lawyer when judge asked them to produce the evidence and they said they could not disclose how the checks were made 😀 and she simply said it was highly confidential ? Whaatt ???😂 sorry!

Do you know how do i apply for DBS, when the Govt website says, it is only for employers ? I have found some third party websites but given data protection issues, i would rather prefer more genuine way of getting this report!

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Raybison007 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm
gbptier1general wrote:
Raybison007 wrote:
Hi Dear,
Try apply via Solicitor.
Good Luck!!!

Thanks!
I believe, i had my SAR from HO, when i was applying for the ILR, to be fair, HO did not provide me with any information about the checks, rest was just normal application forms and their replies etc. Even i remember the judge was quite angry at the HO lawyer when judge asked them to produce the evidence and they said they could not disclose how the checks were made 😀 and she simply said it was highly confidential ? Whaatt ???😂 sorry!

Do you know how do i apply for DBS, when the Govt website says, it is only for employers ? I have found some third party websites but given data protection issues, i would rather prefer more genuine way of getting this report!
Hi Raybison007,
As an Individual you can send request on your OWN.It your right to get your own Info.
Pls Google it for Phno contacts for DBS& apply ASAP.Keep this into your Application.

-Also take /collect your tax returns with respect to your foreign revenue office/liquidators records abroad and UK tax returns for that specific Yr's Issue for which Deception was being blamed. Start the justification/verification process all over again going back to your foreign revenue office/liquidators records abroad and start the justification/verification process all over again.

Seek Good&Strong solicitor's help with all Docs &apply with all merits &get ready for Appeal if refused again if ur solicitor comfortable of this.
Good Luck Raybison007
Believe In Reality

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:52 pm

gbptier1general wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:43 pm
Seek Good&Strong solicitor's help with all Docs &apply with all merits &get ready for Appeal if refused again if ur solicitor comfortable of this.
Good Luck Raybison007
There is NO appeal rights for a refused citizenship application. Please don't give out wrong advice. A solicitor also has no influence on an application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:52 pm
gbptier1general wrote:
Good Luck Raybison007
There is NO appeal rights for a refused citizenship application. Please don't give out wrong advice. A solicitor also has no influence on an application.
Hi CR001,
Thanks for correction.
Hi Raybison007,
Also,pls look at Link:-
Disappointing Court ruling on the lawful residence character requirement.
https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ad ... /1615.html

British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... -1280.html
This may help.
GoodLuck.
Believe In Reality

Raybison007
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Raybison007 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:52 pm
gbptier1general wrote:
Good Luck Raybison007

Thank you both for clarification

Raybison007
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Raybison007 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:22 pm

gbptier1general wrote:
Raybison007 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm
gbptier1general wrote:
Raybison007 wrote:
Hi Dear,
Try apply via Solicitor.
Good Luck!!!

Thanks!

Hi Raybison007,
As an Individual you can send request on your OWN.It your right to get your own Info.
Pls Google it for Phno contacts for DBS& apply ASAP.Keep this into your Application.

-Also take /collect your tax returns with respect to your foreign revenue office/liquidators records abroad and UK tax returns for that specific Yr's Issue for which Deception was being blamed. Start the justification/verification process all over again going back to your foreign revenue office/liquidators records abroad and start the justification/verification process all over again.

Good Luck Raybison007
Thanks Mate!

Just working on getting SAR & DBS sorted, i am coming up with following options! Not sure which one is more appropriate ? Any Idea?

For Basic DBS: https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
or
https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certi ... nline.aspx

Basic, Special or Detailed Request for SAR from Home office
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/saru