ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent to FLR M - Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS Dependent to FLR M - Questions

Post by RabeelT » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 pm

I am switching from Tier 2 Dependent to FLR M, after husband got SET-LR approved.

Please help me selecting two answers.

Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following? I selected NO for that question
a British citizen
a person settled in the UK
a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection in the UK

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay) (I selected that answer)

Please let me know if I selected the correct answers?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent to FLR M - Questions

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Correct answers
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:28 am

Another question if anyone can help please:

Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month?
So should I select NO?

Whilst having my joint name over council tax, gas, electricity bills and car insurance. All bills are deducted from my husband's bank. So should I select NO?

I am applying in mid march, so the cohabitation papers two years are from months Feb-May-Aug-Nov-Feb so on. I attached bills for the march as well. I hope there are no issues that they are not spread evenly from March but from February + latest March bills? or they must evenly spread from March?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 pm

RabeelT wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:28 am
Another question if anyone can help please:

Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month?
So should I select NO?

Whilst having my joint name over council tax, gas, electricity bills and car insurance. All bills are deducted from my husband's bank. So should I select NO?

I am applying in mid march, so the cohabitation papers two years are from months Feb-May-Aug-Nov-Feb so on. I attached bills for the march as well. I hope there are no issues that they are not spread evenly from March but from February + latest March bills? or they must evenly spread from March?
No issue
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:27 am

Two more questions if anyone can help.

Switching from Tier 2 to FLR M

I am married and living with husband for over 3.5 years in UK on Tier 2 Dependent. Do I need to give evidences of months we spent outside UK in Pakistan prior to start living with together in UK? Like how we used to chat and talk before?

How we met and since when we know. Do I need to give evidences of answers I am writing over the visa form?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:36 am

Yes. For initial spouse visa application the proofs of cohabitation aren't usually needed but evidences of subsisting relationship are strictly needed right from the date of beginning of relationship.

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:35 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:36 am
Yes. For initial spouse visa application the proofs of cohabitation aren't usually needed but evidences of subsisting relationship are strictly needed right from the date of beginning of relationship.
Thanks for your reply.

That’s isn’t the case when you apply FLR application from outside UK? We did subsisting relationship proof at the time of tier 2 application from Pakistan in 2015, like whatsapp chats, mobile bills etc.

But subsisting relationship would not be from the years we lived in UK?

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 am

I have been asked to provide cohabitation for previous years from time we spent in UK.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 am

RabeelT wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:35 am
seagul wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:36 am
Thanks for your reply.

That’s isn’t the case when you apply FLR application from outside UK? We did subsisting relationship proof at the time of tier 2 application from Pakistan in 2015, like whatsapp chats, mobile bills etc.

But subsisting relationship would not be from the years we lived in UK?
Since you both are in UK so as per common sense your proof of cohabitation will be like proof of subsisting relationship. But HO will still ask for proof of subsisting relationship from the time when your relationship with British sponsor beginned especially the time when you lived apart (before coming to UK).

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:48 am

Just a last question, the subsisting relationship we need to provide would be from the time we married and started living together from 2015, not from 2012 when we got engaged and my husband was completing PhD in UK?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:44 pm

RabeelT wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:48 am
from 2012 when we got engaged

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Another question I am stuck with:

I am providing NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched.

For English Requirement I selected these options below:

Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
Yes
Country your degree was taught in
Pakistan
Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
Yes (Should I select YES in here)?

Because then it ask to provide: The degree certificate for Doctor xxx xxx to prove the level of English language required. (Do I just have to provide my Medical Degree from Pakistan here along with UK Naric?)

Do they mean in here the degree that its own meets the English requirement without Naric?

Help will be appreciated, nearly there to submit the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 pm

You need to submit the degree and the NARIC ELA and comparable assessment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 pm
You need to submit the degree and the NARIC ELA and comparable assessment.
Thanks, That degree will be acceptable from Pakistan, just to be sure. (I used same to obtain for Naric ELA and degree assessment)?

The confusion I have is they would not think the degree I am providing is independently suffice to meet the english requirement, as the question states: Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa? which I answered Yes

If I answer NO, then it ask me to provide Test and its result etc ...

Thanks for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:23 pm

RabeelT wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:02 pm

The confusion I have is they would not think the degree I am providing is independently suffice to meet the english requirement, as the question states: Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa? which I answered Yes

If I answer NO, then it ask me to provide Test and its result etc ...

Thanks for your help.
When you use NARIC red route then you will also get a statement of English proficiency from NARIC which will actually confirm it.

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bank Statement

Post by RabeelT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi There.

TSB branch printed mini statement i.e. transaction history and stamped all pages, will that be acceptable?

so 1 is printed/stamped statement + 5 are posted statements. I hope thats fine but if anyone know any issue, please let me know.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm

As long as they are either on bank letterhead or being stamped and giving the all necessary details then should be fine. Make sure to check whether they cover the required period not even one day less.

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RabeelT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm
As long as they are either on bank letterhead or being stamped and giving the all necessary details then should be fine. Make sure to check whether they cover the required period not even one day less.
Thankyou for reply. Isn't they require only 6 bank statements to reflect the salary?

I did not understand the days, you means total time they should cover will be 180+ days?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:07 pm

RabeelT wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm
Thankyou for reply. Isn't they require only 6 bank statements to reflect the salary?

I did not understand the days, you means total time they should cover will be 180+ days?
If you are applying under category A then the bank statements must cover at least 6 months.

RabeelT
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent to FLR M - Approved

Post by RabeelT » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 pm

My FLR M application (switched from Tier 2 Dependent) has been approved using Super Priority within 2 hours of application submission. I would like to thank all who helped me to answer questions I had.

I am happy to help and answer questions if anyone have?