ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP :changed employer: Need to apply FLR (IED)?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitaz08
Newly Registered

WP :changed employer: Need to apply FLR (IED)?

Post by nitaz08 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi all,
I came to UK in 2006 on a WP. But I changed employer recently and the new employer applied for new WP without me sending my passport or anything.

HO said just need to apply for change of employer under same category and qualification.

The WP change was granted and I could legally work for my new employer whom I am working now.

The question is the new WP document says that I need to apply my FLR again. My new emp told me to get this done before 6 months after I have been granted this new WP which has been more than one month now. 5 months left!

I am confused because when I came here in 2006, I was never asked to apply anything from my prev employer such as this FLR thing.

I got my EC from my home country. The WP was couried over to my home country. I came to the UK without any FLR form to fill except medical checkup at the airport when I first entered UK.

Could anyone advise whether this will invalidate my WP?

This is the letter from my HR :

"HO have approved the permit for a further 60 months, however :

“Mr --- must now obtain leave to remain for the purpose of this employment. This applies even if he already has leave to remain for some other purpose or some other specified employment. This application must be made by filling out form FLR (IED). This form is available from our Distribution Centre by phoning 0117 3441471 , forms can also be downloaded from our website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk Full details are included in the guidance notes. Mr --- must make this application for leave to remain before his current leave to remain expires or within 6 months whichever is sooner. It is the responsibility of Mr --- to complete the form and pay the appropriate fee. Mr --- may now start working for you pending the outcome of his leave to remain application. This permission to work will cease if the application is refused, or if Mr --- fails to submit an application for leave to remain within the period stated above.â€

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:22 am

Change of employment applications wrote:If your change of employment application has been approved the individual must apply to vary their leave to remain (FLR), to cover their change of employment. They will need to use from FLR(IED).
See also WP - Change of Employer - Does it re-set ILR clock?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nitaz08
Newly Registered

Post by nitaz08 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 am

FYI , my prev WP was still valid for another 4 years when I got this new WP.

Why do I have to apply FLR (IED) now while previously i didn't have to do so with my first employer?

My new WP is for another 60 months but my EC stamp with the prev WP is still valid until 2011 in my passport which says Multiple Entry WP- no recourse to public funds.

Do I still need to fill in the FLR IED form?

I am so so confused now!!

Am I an illegal overstayer professional?

vinny

Re: WP :changed employer: Need to apply FLR (IED)?

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:57 am

nitaz08 wrote:Hi all,
I came to UK in 2006 on a WP. But I changed employer recently and the new employer applied for new WP without me sending my passport or anything.
Presumably, you had entered the UK on a valid entry clearance endorsement (17.16) that granted you leave to enter. The entry clearance is equivalent to a FLR(IED), had you applied in the UK.
nitaz08 wrote: Why do I have to apply FLR (IED) now while previously i didn't have to do so with my first employer?
Unfortunately, your entry clearance only relates relates to your initial work permit with your initial employer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nitaz08
Newly Registered

Re: WP :changed employer: Need to apply FLR (IED)?

Post by nitaz08 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 pm

vinny wrote:
nitaz08 wrote:Hi all,
Presumably, you had entered the UK on a valid entry clearance endorsement (17.16) that granted you leave to enter. The entry clearance is equivalent to a FLR(IED), had you applied in the UK.
nitaz08 wrote: Why do I have to apply FLR (IED) now while previously i didn't have to do so with my first employer?
Unfortunately, your entry clearance only relates relates to your initial work permit with your initial employer.
Thanks Vinny.

I have applied for FLR (IED) but for some reason the payment did not go through reason given the bank has rejected the payment. I wondered why though as I have more than £350 in the account at any time.

But when I read again the form FLR(IED), on the second page of the form does say that if you are on MEWP (multiple entry work permit), I must not use this form.

This is very confusing. Besides the Guidance notes do say that my new employer need to re-apply the WP not change of employment as my WP is MWEP which if I quit my first employment, the new employer needs to re-apply the WP.

Which means I have to return home and reapply the EC.

This is not possible as I am working in the UK.

Unless they want to pay my salary while I wait for the WP application and EC clearance.

But one of the para says that I can apply FLR (IED) once the current WP expires which is 2011 or my employer has to reapply the WP.

Question is I have been working with this new employer for 6 months now.

Am I legal with this new co?

I did not apply my FLR (IED) earlier as I needed my passport as I travel out of the UK twice since the past 6 months for work and some courses overseas.

The HO rules for this MEWP is so confusing!!.