ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imagine
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain documents

Post by imagine » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:37 pm

i left it to last minute and struggling again.please help guys..

my husband will apply for the ILR next week..we ve got the set(m) form,he passed the test.he and i both work fulltime.

we also bought a house together and moved in last october.

the problem is although we have all sorts of documents to prove that we lived together since october 2007 but not before..

we do not have anything else because of the fact that my husband had to stay at my aunties house until we found somewhere we liked and could afford.

on the form it says we could get a letter stating that husband stayed somewhere else but we were still in touch.Is this kind of letter alone going to be sufficent?If so could anyone tell me where i could find an example of such letter?

any help will be greatly apprecated,thanks

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 pm

hi,

....first and foremost i dont think its a good idea to tell them that you were living seperately (as this is deemed negative)

you will need to find some correspondence for the gap you say you have..did u not change/add him 2 your bank account? as this will help...what about doctors appointments, coucil tax?

I am afraid to say that even a letter (by the way its not a form, you have to write a letter explaing why you DO NOT have all the documents) you are gonna struggle to get ILR.

I would crack on and get some stuff together straightaway!!

good luck...as youre gonna need it!!

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Hey Imagine,

I suppose we are in similar boats. Are you going to an appointment at a PEO or are you submitting via post?

Please let me know how you get on

The Confused One

imagine
Newly Registered

Post by imagine » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:24 pm

The Confused One wrote:Hey Imagine,

I suppose we are in similar boats. Are you going to an appointment at a PEO or are you submitting via post?

Please let me know how you get on

The Confused One
hi confused one,

yes but i think your situation is not as bad as mine..his visa runs out on 15th of july we only started getting this together last week..
he just passed his life in the uk test but this didnt cheer us up because we are worried about the documentation issue so much..dont know what to do..
planning to go there instead of posting as i dont think i could stand this kind of stress for weeks..
i will definitely let you know how we get on..

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Funny how things can be reversed - instead of worrying about our documents, I'm worried about my husband passing the Life in the UK test due to his written English not being so good! We have plenty of documents so far in joint and separate names since the time he came back to England on a 2 year spouse visa in March 2007. His visa expires in March 2009. Luckily I was aware from friends who had been through the same experience that it was important to start collecting these documents from the beginning but now I'm worried about him passing the test to get ILR. Good luck with your application though - I hope when they see enough evidence of u two being together now, especially with the committment of buying a house together etc that they will grant ILR!

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:51 pm

im afraid to say that it is now a requirement that you should be able to prove that you have lived together for 2 years, although it is not always the case that you need to prove exactly 2 years you at least will need to provide documents spanning the 2 years. If you have only just started collecting in the last 2 weeks it is unlikely that your application will succeed unless you can find documents older than october 2007. Even so it is not the end of the world, all it means is that you will need to get an extension of the visa and apply later, collecting documents form now on. The same is true if you fail the Life in the UK test, you can re take the test and try again, if you cant do this within the 2 years then you will again have to apply for an extension and try again. You dont have to leave the country just make sure you apply at least before your visa runs out

imagine
Newly Registered

Post by imagine » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:11 pm

[quote="mirnat"]Funny how things can be reversed - instead of worrying about our documents, I'm worried about my husband passing the Life in the UK test due to his written English not being so good! We have plenty of documents so far in joint and separate names since the time he came back to England on a 2 year spouse visa in March 2007. His visa expires in March 2009. Luckily I was aware from friends who had been through the same experience that it was important to start collecting these documents from the beginning but now I'm worried about him passing the test to get ILR. Good luck with your application though - I hope when they see enough evidence of u two being together now, especially with the committment of buying a house together etc that they will grant ILR![/quote

hi mirnat,

trust me..life in the uk test is not a big deal..until march im sure he will sort it out..

you should check this website .very useful

http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1

imagine
Newly Registered

Post by imagine » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:20 pm

sreeni wrote:im afraid to say that it is now a requirement that you should be able to prove that you have lived together for 2 years, although it is not always the case that you need to prove exactly 2 years you at least will need to provide documents spanning the 2 years. If you have only just started collecting in the last 2 weeks it is unlikely that your application will succeed unless you can find documents older than october 2007. Even so it is not the end of the world, all it means is that you will need to get an extension of the visa and apply later, collecting documents form now on. The same is true if you fail the Life in the UK test, you can re take the test and try again, if you cant do this within the 2 years then you will again have to apply for an extension and try again. You dont have to leave the country just make sure you apply at least before your visa runs out
hi sreeni thank you very much for your help.can you please tell me which form do we use for the extension?is it flrm?

as i said ,my husband had to stay at my aunties but we were always together..sometimes i stayed there with him sometimes he stayed with us at may parents house..
we have managed to find some documents up to july 2007..before that only documents are:
march 2007 inland revenue letter for him,sole bank statement for me
dec 2006 inlad revenue letter for him ,mobile phone bill for me
and july 2006 home office receipt with our address on his name and bank statement for me..

is this really bad?

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 pm

mirnat wrote: I'm worried about my husband passing the Life in the UK test due to his written English not being so good!
Hi,

My husband does not have fantastic english either, however he is able to understand and read well. He bought some books from Waterstones and studied them, he then practiced a lot on www.lifeintheuk.net and then applied for his test and then passed first time. You just need to give it a shot as there is no limit on how many times you can take the test so get him to keep trying

Hope it all works out for you; i am also having problems with documents from the first 7 months we were together. Will just have to wait and see i suppose

Good Luck

The Confused One

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks Imagine for the tip about the website and sorry for hijacking your original posting going off on a tangent about the Life in the UK test! I hope u manage to sort all your documents and it works out ok for u guys! Thanks also to The Confused One for the website link. It's good to know that my husband can have a few attempts at the test and if he does not pass by March 2009 when his 2 year spouse visa expires that he can at least apply for an extension without having to return to his home country. Of course I'll make sure he does this before his visa expires and we'll also continue to collect documents in both our names from March onwards if he has to apply for an extension rather than ILR (but I hope not!).

imagine
Newly Registered

Post by imagine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm

mirnat wrote:Thanks Imagine for the tip about the website and sorry for hijacking your original posting going off on a tangent about the Life in the UK test! I hope u manage to sort all your documents and it works out ok for u guys! Thanks also to The Confused One for the website link. It's good to know that my husband can have a few attempts at the test and if he does not pass by March 2009 when his 2 year spouse visa expires that he can at least apply for an extension without having to return to his home country. Of course I'll make sure he does this before his visa expires and we'll also continue to collect documents in both our names from March onwards if he has to apply for an extension rather than ILR (but I hope not!).
no probs..as the confused one said we are all in the similar boats..hope everything goes well for us
for the extension is it flr (m) do you know?

imagine
Newly Registered

Post by imagine » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:25 pm

YESSS!!!!!

GOT IT...PEO..

people are really polite,smart and helpful there..
if you are,honest and your marriage is %100 genuine like us do not worry about a thing..

there are nice people in these forums(which i havent seen yet) and a lot of useless people..so close your eyes to those negative thought spreaders and do everything according to application form...and again be honest!!

good luck

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm pleased it all went well. :)

douces

Post by douces » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:25 am

hi imagine

i am going to the peo next two months can you share ur experience with me like what happen on the day etc

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:50 am

Imagine,

CONGRATS!!!!

I am so happy for you that it has all worked out! It has given me a little bit of hope. Its so nice of you to let us know; can you please share with me the experience of the appointment and also a list of documents presented.

My dilema is that for the 1st 7 months of my husband being here we lodged together in a friends house but my documents continued going to my mums house; we moved back to my mums from Oct 2007 and will apply for ILR in Jan 2009. I dont have any problems with documents from Oct 2007 onwards but am concerned on proving our relationship for the first 7 months

Any hints and tips and other positive comments please!!!!!!

So happy for you,

The Confused One