ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement (ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dannyest
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

settlement (ILR)

Post by dannyest » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:49 pm

my wife has completed the 5year route and recently applied for indefinite leave to remain. i the husband was born in the uk. we followed through the check list and paid for super priority service. the check list does not ask for details of our children however the immigration officer has requested for evidence of our son's residency in the uk.
although my children were born outside uk they are both british citizens through me as their father. the children have their british passport.

when my wife applying to join me in the uk (spouse visa) she included our older son - child in the application because he was born in 2004. as at that time i didnt know he was qualified to claim his british citizenship via me as the father. so my son and wife were both granted 2 1/2 spouse visa to enter the uk. after a year in the UK i telephone the passport office and i was told my son qualifed for british passport. fast forward

we recently submitted application for indefinite leave to remain for my wife. however we have received email from the immigration services requesting for evidence of our son passport and school or GP letter confirming he resides with us - this is due to "We have taken into account the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in the United Kingdom in accordance with the Secretary of State’s duty under section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009".

we have submitted requested documentation - school letter, GP letter and passport.

my question is how long must i wait for the application for my wife's ILR to be processed or for them to make decision. i paid for super priorty service and as there is no direct contact number to ask what do i do? can you advise please?

also is this a normal practice that although the application is for my wife only why does our child ID need to be presented to the case officer?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: settlement (ILR)

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:09 am

Priority service is not guaranteed when your application requires things like child safeguarding checks. I assume she will get her visa very soon but you need to be a little patient
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice