ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info: How EC is handled at the UK HC in Canberra

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vayu

Info: How EC is handled at the UK HC in Canberra

Post by Vayu » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:43 am

Just to let people know how its done in OZ as I know it can be done differently elsewhere....

Just spoke to the EC lady at the UK high commission in Canberra. She informed me that I can delay my entry date into the UK up to 3 months after the date I apply for the EC.

I specifically asked the hypothetical question, does this mean an applicant can get HSMP approval, wait till the last week of the letters validity, and then apply to enter 3 months after that date. EC officer responded that was possible.

All in all though, she told me that I have to enter the UK within 6 months of the date of my letter being approved. So thats the catch if you want to call it that.

Funds-wise, she told me that $3000 to $4000AUD was sufficent, especially if I could prove I was staying with friends when I first arrived, and that this could be in the form of managed funds etc.

kiwi_mike
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi_mike » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:08 am

AUD $3K-$4K seems pretty low as far as required funds for EC goes. At the Brit HC here in Wellington they ask to see around NZD $7k. This is less if you have a confirmed job offer or someone to support you.

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:04 am

Kiwi mike.

yeah, will try and show a bit more, maybe AUD $5000 (ie NZD $6000). Luckily I have some friends who have written a letter saying they will offer me accomadation until I have established myself and found a job. I also have shares which I can sell if worst comes to worse. I will show them these share receipts too. So that combination should be enough...hopefully!!