ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cant prove where i was living to in uk ( overstayer)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlearose
Newly Registered

cant prove where i was living to in uk ( overstayer)

Post by charlearose » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 pm

asking on behalf of a friend - When you apply for a spouse visa to enter the uk do they wish to know where you have been living to in the uk if you were an overstayer ( by 4 years)

if you cant prove where you have been living ect what happens then to your application if you put an address down and offer tennancy agreements ect and its proved to be false what happens then is it a 10 year ban cos of deception used or a general refusal

my friend and his wife have not been together that long ( 6 months ) and he has gone back to Carracas to apply for spouse visa his interview his next week there is a ten year difference between them and they have very little proof that they have been living together for the past six months

he returned to caracass in march 10th 07 and they got married on 1st April there

thanks in advance guys

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Believe it or not UK law does not make it compulsory for a couple to live together before they are married! And in some cultures it would be a definite no-no!

So they have not actually lived together in the UK, as man and wife, since they got married?

Accordingly I ask, what problem are you actually envisaging?
John

charlearose
Newly Registered

Post by charlearose » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:43 pm

My friend is not able to prove where he was living when he was in the uk illegally /overstaying He did not give his correct address where he was living as he was not sure if checks would be made on this address as it was a social housing of some sort and he obtained the keys and rent book from a previous tennant as he no longer as access to this place and the mail he did not want to mention this address in his visa application the housing association were attempting to evict the tennant but my friend name is mentioned many time in the official court statement of him living

The address that he gave on his visa appliation when he applied is one of a friend in the uk who is also an overstayer and supplied him with a tenancy agreement but he did not actually live there and the reference and agreement are fake

He is now worried because he fell out with some people in the uk just before he left to apply for his spouse visa who he now understands sent information to the embassy in Carracass with his previous address on and bills in his name ect proving that the address that he gave on his application was not true and that he lived elewhere where in the uk and that his marriage is one of convenience for him

These people who he fell out with are very persistent and have sent him emails taunting him that they have recieved from the British Embassy in Carracass asking for details on where he lived ect in the Uk as he has applied for a visa
This is why he is worried becuase if they have sent over information on where he lived in the uk and becuase they knew him for a long time he feels that they could ruin his application if the ECO belived that he told lies ( which he did) about where he lived for the past 4 years which is not an oversight but a deliberate lie
thats what he is worried about as he thinks he will get a 10 year ban for using deception on the application form

thanks in advance for any replies