ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS allocation help.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

CoS allocation help.

Post by PhysioInd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Hello guys,
Asking this for my partner.

She would be switching from a Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa and has an employer who is ready to sponsor her. However, when the employer tried to allocate a CoS for her through the Sponsor Management System, he was notified the following-
" The assignment could not be processed due to insufficient CoS remaining in your allocation"
So what does this mean?

Also for this, the employer is applying for a Priority Service to the Home Office.
Is it so that the Employer needs to be a Premium Member or just an A rated sponsor should be alright?

Would really appreciate help and guidance in this.

srsw

Re: CoS allocation help.

Post by srsw » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Looks like the employer need to request for additional uCoS from UKVI via the SMS system.

More details here:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... rtificates
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Post by PhysioInd » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:55 pm

srsw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:40 pm
Looks like the employer need to request for additional uCoS from UKVI via the SMS system.

More details here:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... rtificates

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
For the employer to request an additional UCoS, does be need to be a premium member?

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm

I don't think so, but they should be able make that out when they try to request additional UCoS via SMS system anyway.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Post by PhysioInd » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:57 pm

srsw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm
I don't think so, but they should be able make that out when they try to request additional UCoS via SMS system anyway.
Yes. Her employer is trying to call the Home Office for the Priority Service since a month but its all in vain. Do you know within how many days or calls they answer? Because as far as I know the Home Office just answers 50 calls per day pertaining to Priority Service.

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Post by PhysioInd » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 am

Guys please help :cry: :| :| :| :|

1. The employer is trying for Priority Service, what is the Priority Service for?
2. Can he get more UCoS with this Priority Service?
3. He also tried calling the Home Office since a month and the phone is constantly engaged and there is no response.

What can be done now?

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 pm

PhysioInd wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 am
Guys please help :cry: :| :| :| :|

1. The employer is trying for Priority Service, what is the Priority Service for?
2. Can he get more UCoS with this Priority Service?
3. He also tried calling the Home Office since a month and the phone is constantly engaged and there is no response.

What can be done now?
Your employer need to login to SMS and try this out:

"Apply for additional CoS/CAS by selecting the Request CoS/CAS allocation increase menu item in Licence summary, applications and services.".

Source: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... to_SMS.pdf

Here's more info about Premium customer service (comes at a cost, btw): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rvices.pdf