ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New document checking service - is it worth it?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SpouseOfSettler
United Kingdom

New document checking service - is it worth it?

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi All,

We submitted my wife's our online application yesterday and have booked an appointment in Birmingham for the free service. There is an option to pay £35 for an additional 'Document Checking' service if we want

".....if you want our team to check that you have correctly uploaded the documents for your appointment, that the scanned documents you provided are of an acceptable quality and are complete.To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date."

I thought they already checked the uploaded documents during the appointment? If so, what's the point of paying for this service?

Would be great to hear from anyone that has gone through the new process.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New document checking service - is it worth it?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SpouseOfSettler
United Kingdom

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks

perriehlp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by perriehlp » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:50 am

They check if the documents are uploaded properly BEFORE you go to the appointment, to save time checking them during the appointment.

SuboJvR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SuboJvR » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:39 pm

Weirdly our documents had been checked the evening before despite us NOT paying for this service....

tabimia
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabimia » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:22 pm

I submitted my application without opting for this service. As long as your uploaded documents are clearly readable and below 5 MB it should be fine.