ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two COS numbers on my name

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jd123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Two COS numbers on my name

Post by jd123 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:16 am

Hi,

My current Tier 2 visa expires in 3 months. My current employer has agreed to extend my visa. However, I now have a very good job offer from another company. The HR told me they do not have unrestricted COS to assign in their Sponsor Management System (SMS) and would have to submit an individual case file to the Home Office to get one. Considering the timeline with my current visa, can I ask my current employer to assign me an unrestricted COS and hold it until I get the COS from the new employer.

The reason I am asking this is that my current employer is a major university and they take at least 5-6 weeks to assign COS after a request is submitted as they have lot of applications to process. On the other hand, the company that has offered me the job doesn't seem to have enough experience in dealing with Tier 2 visas and I anticipate some delays from their side.

Any suggestion on how I can deal with situation would be immensely helpful. Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Two COS numbers on my name

Post by UKLL » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:21 pm

jd123 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:16 am
Hi,

My current Tier 2 visa expires in 3 months. My current employer has agreed to extend my visa. However, I now have a very good job offer from another company. The HR told me they do not have unrestricted COS to assign in their Sponsor Management System (SMS) and would have to submit an individual case file to the Home Office to get one. Considering the timeline with my current visa, can I ask my current employer to assign me an unrestricted COS and hold it until I get the COS from the new employer.

The reason I am asking this is that my current employer is a major university and they take at least 5-6 weeks to assign COS after a request is submitted as they have lot of applications to process. On the other hand, the company that has offered me the job doesn't seem to have enough experience in dealing with Tier 2 visas and I anticipate some delays from their side.

Any suggestion on how I can deal with situation would be immensely helpful. Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post.
Unfortunately you can't, one person can only have one CoS at one time. If the University assigns you one, then the company will not be able to assign you another one.

jd123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Two COS numbers on my name

Post by jd123 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:44 am

Thank you very much for your response.