ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Surinder Singh Route

Post by spat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi,

I am UK citizen working and residing in Ireland since last 6 months.

Applied for residence card for non-eea single parent (application still in progress). Currently residing on temporary stamp 4 (which is issued to allow to stay while application in progress).

Came to Ireland as received over 35% payrise in Job. Took this opportunity as on top of this I can apply for parents visa as well under EEA route.

Now planning to return to UK prior to no deal brexit (hopefully there will be a deal).

Should I need strong reason to come back to the UK and apply for parent’s UK residence card under Surinder Singh route?

If so people who have experience of this situation please advise possible strong reason as I don’t wanna stuck here in Ireland if there is no deal brexit which will close door for Surinder Singh route immidiately from 29th March.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Surinder Singh Route

Post by spat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi,

Can you move with non-eu family member to UK under SS route who was residing in EU country for over six month however application for article 10 card is stilll in progress ?

Is there a requirement to obtain Artical 10 card prior to moving back to UK after exercising treaty rights in EU country?

basicblue2k
Ireland

Re: Surinder Singh Route

Post by basicblue2k » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm

spat wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm
Hi,

Can you move with non-eu family member to UK under Surinder Singh route route who was residing in EU country for over six month however application for article 10 card is stilll in progress ?

Is there a requirement to obtain Artical 10 card prior to moving back to UK after exercising treaty rights in EU country?

Without the approval / residence card there is no chance for you to return to UK under SS route.

If there is no deal obviously there is no SS route and ideally the Irish residence cards also should not be processed. But, I suppose they won't be so cruel to cancel in-progress applications.

Having said that looks like Brexit will extend for a while. So it's wait and watch for now