ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on how I can withdraw online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tau2934
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Advice on how I can withdraw online application

Post by Tau2934 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on how I can withdraw an online application that I submitted (and paid) 2 days ago for naturalisation. I haven’t submitted the biometric yet and also not sent in any documents. I couldn’t find any links or telephone numbers where I can withdraw it from. Any advice on how I can withdraw it would be highly appreciated. Many thanks!

Also do you know if they will refund any of the fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on how I can withdraw online application

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Who is the application for as based on your previous posts, you already applied and received your British passport??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tau2934
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tau2934 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks! The application is for my spouse. The reason we need to withdraw is we’ve just realised that she was not in country 3 years before the date of the application. We were always looking at the 5 year cut off date and were assuming that she would qualify because of the 5 year clause (and she was In country at that time in 2013). But now that I have become a citizen, it appears that my spouse’s application will be treated as application as spouse of British citizen (and not on her own right). And because she was travelling this time in 2015, we were advised during the NDRS appointment today that there is high chance that the application will be rejected straight away. Hence we’ve chosen not to send the documents through.

Now the question is how can we withdraw the application and also have the fees reimbursed if possible. Or is it ok to just submit the documents and see what happens?

What do you think? Have you come across similar cases before? Any advice is highly welcome :)

Taina
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Taina » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi, I was wondering what happened with your application in the end ? I am in a similar situation right now, submitted the online form just couple of days ago and afterwards realised I might have been on holiday exactly 5 years ago, stupid me.....I cant see anywhere the option to cancel so I guess it's not possible ? :( please let me know if you can what happened with your case

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ruhi09 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:55 pm

First, there are no refunds on applications submitted in the UK.

Second, it might be worth checking that because you've now received citizenship, she can only go down the 3 year route.

Third, how long was she away for? If it was days, I believe there've been instances where people have been able to write in to reset their application date.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:12 pm

have a look around the forum, at least one person at their application approved despite being on holiday and it was assumed the home office took the biometrics as their date (although in the thread there was some lively discussion about this).
Alternatively, why don't you make sure? It should be evident from your passport or the travel information you submitted to the home office.

Taina
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Taina » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Thanks for replying hermanthegerman. I was away indeed, if I waited just 2 days and submitted it just 2 days later, I would have been fine. Now I won't stop blaming myself for making this stupid mistake which will now cost me £1349 for nothing. I see there is no point of withdrawing the app now as there is no refund,so let's see what happens...my only tiny hope is that caseworker grant me mercy and let me to re-sign.....
I will update once I know the outcome....

alisyed027
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alisyed027 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi Please could you let me know as i am in a similar situation

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Taina wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:42 pm
Thanks for replying hermanthegerman. I was away indeed, if I waited just 2 days and submitted it just 2 days later, I would have been fine. Now I won't stop blaming myself for making this stupid mistake which will now cost me £1349 for nothing. I see there is no point of withdrawing the app now as there is no refund,so let's see what happens...my only tiny hope is that caseworker grant me mercy and let me to re-sign.....
I will update once I know the outcome....
Did you write them to say you're aware of the mistake and you wish to establish a new application date given the error?