ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport requirement for naturalisation process as EEA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lecroix
Newly Registered
Italy

Passport requirement for naturalisation process as EEA

Post by lecroix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi there

I have a trip booked in April and I will not be able to send off my application before the end of March as I am not able to take the Life in the UK test before then. I obviously do not want to send off my original passport and risk not getting it back in time and I was wondering if I get it professionally certified, will this be acceptable? Please let me know.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport requirement for naturalisation process as EEA

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:58 pm

Apply using the new UKCVAS service and you get to keep your original documents.

Presumably you also have the English B1 test or meet the requirement and have held PR for 12 months?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lecroix
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by lecroix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Thank you, I am not sure what that is, looks like some kind of premium service? I would like to still apply the old fashioned way and send it off by post, I just want to know if a professional certified copy of my passport would be acceptable. Yes, I have the English test completed and have held PR for over 6 years, I just need to take the life in the UK test.

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ruhi09 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pm

You must send the original docs if you choose to go for the Paper+Postal application.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:00 pm

lecroix wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 pm
Thank you, I am not sure what that is, looks like some kind of premium service? I would like to still apply the old fashioned way and send it off by post, I just want to know if a professional certified copy of my passport would be acceptable. Yes, I have the English test completed and have held PR for over 6 years, I just need to take the life in the UK test.
UKVCAS replaced the NCS service - They offer basic and premium services, and you keep all originals including passport and PR card. If sending by post you need to send the original and it may take weeks or months for it to be returned. Really a no brainer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.