ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with Resident card while EEA PR application in process

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Issa123
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Travelling with Resident card while EEA PR application in process

Post by Issa123 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:39 am

Hi

I am non-Eea family member married to a EEA citizen. I have a resident card valid till may 2021. We have applied for EEA PR using online service on the 01/02/2019 and used the EEA passport return service and still waiting.

My question is I am planning to go to Sri Lanka for 3 weeks on the 31/03/2019 and return back on the 22/04/2019 this is after the Brexit date 29/03/2019. I will be on my own as my partner is not coming with me.

Will the boarder control make an issue when I return back to the UK after the brexit? Am I right in saying whether or not UK make a deal the resident car is still valid till 31/12/2020 which means I can enter the UK without any issues.

My other question is what happens if they send my PR card to our home address in the UK while I am out of the country (via dx delivery) . Can my partner collect it? Or will they keep it at a collection point for maximum 3 weeks( as my trip is 3 weeks) or will it be returned back home office ?

Thanks