ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work history for Naturialization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kemplaura99
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Work history for Naturialization

Post by kemplaura99 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:22 pm

hi,

I worked for an agency back in 2009 first half as a cleaner for 2-3 months (not exactly sure). This is a geniune and within visa allowed hrs. But I cannot remember who that agency was or what exact dates I worked for to put them in the naturialiation application. There is no email or any record of that work with me. I don't have the bank account that I used back then now. I've contacted HMRC and they have asked me to fill in subject access request as the telephone guy mentioned he cannot provide any details beyond 2012. Not sure how long will it take. Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Work history for Naturialization

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Enter as much information as you know. Work history is generally asked to enable HO to view your tax payment history rather than anything else.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:39 pm

What you mean by view of tax payment?while the applicant says he doesn’t know the exact sates of employment and even the contact details etc so how then the HO get view and i think no every case they refer to match the HMRC records this is my understanding cos if the applicant give all employer contact details and all jobs start and end dates then don’t know they would investigate further but i think the most important thing is that the applicant must have the legal stay and allowed work in his/her previous stay/history.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 pm

All the aspects will be considered. HMRC records as well as your claims will be reviewed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kemplaura99
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by kemplaura99 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I had a legal stay and the work undertaken was legal and within the number of hrs I was allowed to work whilst student.

1. Leave this entry all together ?

2. Enter details like
Name : Agency in Reading
Start and End Dates : Give approximate dates between 2009 Jan - Aug

What do you suggest ?

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Yeah that should be fine

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:35 pm

And zamba would be agree with me that if HO refer the case to match with HMRC records for tax/employment to get the results from them but HMRC only can get them for last five years employment history with paid tax and NI of the applicant.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Most tax submissions/records are now digital and PAYE tax payment have been legally required to be submitted digitally since late 2013 via RTI. You should assume that they will be archived for a long time by the HMRC. I have no idea how the HO will look into your history but as long as you have never had tax issues and never worked in breach of your visa conditions, you shall be fine.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:31 am

I was in a similar situation. Did random agency work when I was at uni for a few years. I did request 10year SAR from HMRC and that didnt have exact dates either.

So In the end I just wrote in the additional information box towards the end of online application that I did temporary work of less than 20hours during uni but I don’t remember exact dates as it was random shift work.

Got my approval no issues.