ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 -> ILR Question on Set(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polar2018
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 -> ILR Question on Set(O) form

Post by polar2018 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:10 am

Hi Experts,

I am filling the Set(O) form for my ILR application. I am applying based on 5 continuous years from my first Visa issue date. I am confused what date I should put in for the below question:

When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

My first Visa Issue Date: 16/04/2014
My Date of entry into UK: 15/06/2014

Should it be my Visa issue date or my date of entry into UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 -> ILR Question on Set(O) form

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:35 am

The questions early asks for date you entered and not visa start date!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

polar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by polar2018 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am

Thanks CR001 for your reply.

However in that case will that be a problem, because on my date of entry I do not complete 5 continuous years?
As mentioned earlier I am applying based on my Visa issue date.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:32 am

polar2018 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am
Thanks CR001 for your reply.

However in that case will that be a problem, because on my date of entry I do not complete 5 continuous years?
As mentioned earlier I am applying based on my Visa issue date.
No, HO knows the rules.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

polar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by polar2018 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Thanks for your reply. Do I have to provide any cover letter explaining that there is a gap between my first visa issue date and date of first entry? I am asking this because, nowhere in the application form does it ask about the first Visa issue date and I am reading and hearing contradictory statements on which date to provide in this case. The concern that comes to my mind is will the case worker just see the date of entry and reject my application because it not 5 continuous years yet? Bit stressed due to this.

Any help would be highly appreciable.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 pm

polar2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 pm
Thanks for your reply. Do I have to provide any cover letter explaining that there is a gap between my first visa issue date and date of first entry? I am asking this because, nowhere in the application form does it ask about the first Visa issue date and I am reading and hearing contradictory statements on which date to provide in this case. The concern that comes to my mind is will the case worker just see the date of entry and reject my application because it not 5 continuous years yet? Bit stressed due to this.

Any help would be highly appreciable.
As the question asks the date of entry so you have to mention the date of entry as your passport would have also stamped on that date. HO knows the rules. But if you are really worried, you can add a cover letter for your own peace of mind. Not required though.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.