ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR salary (base or gross salary?)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Tier 2 to ILR salary (base or gross salary?)

Post by oxana777 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi all, in my company we get our salary as a package (base salary plus pension funding 10% which then we don't have to put away for pension, so I can use those 10% towards my salary and these 10% are always a guaranteed part of my gross salary package). So my base salary is 33,363 p.a. plus 10% pension funding it equals to 36,699 p.a. In my contract I have a gross salary of 36,699 shown, however on my pay slips it is separated (base salary and pension funding) So my question is, can I apply for ILR or not? Information is different anywhere. Som places it says that HO look at Gross Salary; some places says that pension contributions don't count. However in my case, my pension funding comes to my account and it's guaranteed

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR salary (base or gross salary?)

Post by oxana777 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Anyone knows the answer?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 pm

We will consider:

• guaranteed gross basic pay (excluding overtime); and
• allowances, up to the limit below, which are guaranteed to be paid for the duration of your employment in the UK, and would either be paid to a settled worker in similar circumstances, or are paid as a mobility premium or to cover the additional cost of living in the UK.

We will not consider:

• one-off payments, such as those linked to the cost of relocation, which do not form part of your regular salary package;
• payments which cannot be guaranteed, such as bonuses or incentive related pay;
• overtime payments, whether or not overtime is guaranteed;
• payments to cover business expenses, including (but not limited to) training; international travel, hotels and business travel within the UK;
• any payments for which you will need to reimburse the sponsor or a linked overseas business;
• employer pension contributions;
• medical benefits;
• payment of any tuition fees; or
• the value of any shares which you have obtained in exchange for some of your UK employment rights as an employer-owner.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2018.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 pm
We will consider:

• guaranteed gross basic pay (excluding overtime); and
• allowances, up to the limit below, which are guaranteed to be paid for the duration of your employment in the UK, and would either be paid to a settled worker in similar circumstances, or are paid as a mobility premium or to cover the additional cost of living in the UK.

We will not consider:

• one-off payments, such as those linked to the cost of relocation, which do not form part of your regular salary package;
• payments which cannot be guaranteed, such as bonuses or incentive related pay;
• overtime payments, whether or not overtime is guaranteed;
• payments to cover business expenses, including (but not limited to) training; international travel, hotels and business travel within the UK;
• any payments for which you will need to reimburse the sponsor or a linked overseas business;
• employer pension contributions;
• medical benefits;
• payment of any tuition fees; or
• the value of any shares which you have obtained in exchange for some of your UK employment rights as an employer-owner.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2018.pdf
Thanks. But is there a difference between pension comtributions and pension funding? Our pension funding goes into my account and I decide how much I want to put aside for pension. While pension contribution is something that a company pays towards someones pension directly to the pension fund

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:35 pm

I do not understand what pension funding suppose to mean in your case. I never heard such a scheme or arrangements but after all I am no pension advisor. If your employer splits your pay into two pieces, one explicitly for pension purposes then I assume HO may view this not part of your gross pay. What was your salary as per your certificate of sponsorship ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:41 pm

So in my company we have base salary + 10% pension funding = gross salary. So for my initial tier 2 visa we used gross salary (base + pens funding) and for my extension again we used gross salary and to be honest no one ever said anything about this pension funding bit as it comes to my account as a guaranteed payment every month and i decide what i do with it. So my gross salary (base salary + pension contribution) is just over £36k. My worry is only that in my payslip i have that wording “pension funding” which as you say might concern HO

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Ask your employer to confirm your gross salary on the their letter.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

ILR absense in Jersey

Post by oxana777 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:04 pm

I am writing down all my absenses from UK for my ILR. i went on a holiday to Jersey for 4 days, does this count as time spent outside UK? I don’t have any stamps in my passport

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR absense in Jersey

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:20 pm

The form explicitly asks you about the time spent in Crown dependencies :!:

See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... eriods.pdf

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Thanks