ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for HSMP - need NARIC support documentation?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hans kolomann
Newly Registered

Applying for HSMP - need NARIC support documentation?

Post by hans kolomann » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi all,
I have an IT engineering degree (6 years course) from a well-known Argentine university. Do I need to get a NARIC letter regarding this? I will be applying for Bachelor points (30).
Thanks
Hans.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Tier 1 - Use the Tier 1 self-assessment tool to see what points you get for your qualification. If your qualification is listed in the Tier 1 self-assessment tool, there's no need for a NARIC letter.

HSMP - You can still use the self-assessment tool to check if your qualification is listed and how many points you get. I would recommend that you get a letter of comparability from NARIC even if your qualification is listed in the Tier 1 self-assessment tool.

regards

hans kolomann
Newly Registered

Post by hans kolomann » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am

sushdmehta wrote:Tier 1 - Use the Tier 1 self-assessment tool to see what points you get for your qualification. If your qualification is listed in the Tier 1 self-assessment tool, there's no need for a NARIC letter.

HSMP - You can still use the self-assessment tool to check if your qualification is listed and how many points you get. I would recommend that you get a letter of comparability from NARIC even if your qualification is listed in the Tier 1 self-assessment tool.

regards
Many thanks for your help!
I will try to get the letter from NARIC then, following your advice.
Regards,
Hans.