ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Outside the UK travels question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TD84
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 Outside the UK travels question

Post by TD84 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:48 am

Good morning!

I hope you can help me with my dillemma I am currently on a Tier 2 General visa and is set to apply for my ILR soon. In the out of the country leave requirement I am having a hard time to decide what to put in the periods od my time outside UK during this 5 year period. I pur in my departure date and then the stamp date for when I came back which was okay with the other instances. But on one time, specifically in 2015 i left the UK at 2359 on April 10 (according to the ticket) and arrived in France around 3 am on april 11. My shengen visa in my passport waa valud from April 11, 2015 just to add.

Which should i put on, april 10 or April 11 as the start of my leave outside because I have been researching and I come to the conclusion that it should be the date when tou left the UK? But also if i put in that date maybe i will be questioned because my shengen visa at that time started on April 11. Will it really matter because it is actually a matter of a minute but I just really want to make sure.

Thank you so much in advance!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 Outside the UK travels question

Post by gag285 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 am

You are overthinking this. Go with the book and mention the date you left the UK regardless of whether one minute was left or half. Regarding when your Schengen was valid from is of no consequence to your ILR application. Schengen and its validity is not UKVI's remit