ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*URGENT: Settled-status EEA FM*

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

_iprates
Newly Registered
Brazil

*URGENT: Settled-status EEA FM*

Post by _iprates » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi,
I am considering to apply for my pre settled-status as I am not in the UK for the period of 5 years.
The issue is:
I am a non-eea but I am married with a portuguese who is at the university in the UK, He's living in the UK for the period of 9 years (qualified for settled-status) but I am here for 2 years only.
I've got a stamp on my passport saying that I am admitted to the UK under the EEA regulations 2016 as I prove that I am married with a European who has the treaty rights in the UK.
I am not required to apply for the resident card to prove my rights in the UK so I didn't apply for it.

The Home Office website says:
You do not need to apply for a residence card to prove you can live in the UK unless you’re both:

from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an extended family member of someone from the EEA or Switzerland

The question is:
1. I hold a brazilian passport, will I be able to apply for the pre-settled status using my non eea passport?
2. Will i be able to use the app to do so as my spouse or i need to send my passport to the home office?
3. Shall i apply for the resident card, wait for the next 6 months and then apply for the pre-settled status?
4. Can I apply for both of us at the same application?
5. He's a student but has worked in the UK previously, do I need to have a health insurance to be eligible for the resident card/pre-settled status?

Thankyou.

Igor

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Re: *URGENT: Settled-status EEA FM*

Post by facebook.user » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:04 pm

Hello Igor. It is too early to answer about sending your passport in post to Home Office. We will know the details. in full on 30th March because you don't have biometric residence card