ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa - overstayed on previous visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rumise
United Kingdom

visit visa - overstayed on previous visit

Post by rumise » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi guys,

A friend of mine would like to visit UK for couple of weeks (For Cricket World Cup). hes a successful businessman back home and financial very strong. There is however a problem. He visited UK about 4 years ago and overstayed for few months because of life threatening situation he faced at that time. He left UK the moment things got better.

Now hes about to apply for visit visa and would mention his overstay details in the visit form. He just don't want to hide anything.

I would like to know how much it would affect his application chances?

Regards,

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: visit visa - overstayed on previous visit

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Little chance of being granted due to the previous overstay. He'll be considered as a high risk.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:03 pm

What was the 'life threatening' issue? Was it an issue in the UK totally beyond his control or an issue from home country??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:10 pm

guys, thanks for your quick replies.

it was an issue back home. he left UK without any HO involvement.