ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green Card - Applying from Abroad

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newJoiner
Newly Registered

Green Card - Applying from Abroad

Post by newJoiner » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:31 am

Hi all,

My Green Card was refused due to residency in the state on a VISIT status and I understand I have to re-apply from abroad.
I have a few questions and would be happy to learn from the experience of others

1. What kind of proof should I provide for being abroad?
2. In the green card application form they require attachment of immigration stamp upon arrival to Ireland - How do I deal with this? I'm not suppose to be here...
3. Payment - Can I attach an Irish postal note / Bank note (purchased prior to leaving of course)
4. What address should I provide?

Any other tips will be appreciated...

Many many thanks.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:23 pm

I did apply from abroad and can tell you that providing an irish immigration stamp detailing your current status in Ireland is NOT required. I thought this said this in the green card guidelines.

If you are concerned, attach a copy of your exit ticket from ireland and the boarding pass. If you happen to get an immigration stamp on the way/ at your destination, then provide this also.

Provide your overseas address. One person I spoke to at DETE said that this is the only proof they need. DON'T provide an irish address. When I applied it stated in the form "foreign address required if applying from abroad".