ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukvcas deadline question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Linben123
United Kingdom

Mn1 supporting documents confusion

Post by Linben123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello everyone, I have got some really useful advice here, I am really grateful for the existence of this forum. Anyway, one more question I have, hoping to hear back from you. I am working on my child’s MN1 naturalisation form. He has no Pr, myself as his mother have received my pr in January 2019 (Eea). He was born in the Uk and is 11 years old.
Am I right to use the mn1 form for his naturalisation? I was sure of this actually till I got to the supporting document section on the online form, that confused me completely.
It states:..evidence of settled status ( for example PR)
Well he does not have one, is this an issue?
Another one: Two referee declaration
I have provided the details of referees on the online form, do I need a signed letter as declaration from them, that I can submit too as a supporting document?
It would be great to hear back from you guys. All the best Lin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mn1 supporting documents confusion

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Am I right to use the mn1 form for his naturalisation?
Children are Registered as British not naturalised. Only adults are naturalised.
I was sure of this actually till I got to the supporting document section on the online form, that confused me completely.
It states:..evidence of settled status ( for example PR)
Not required for UK born children applying under Section 1(3) of the nationality act.
Well he does not have one, is this an issue?
No.
Another one: Two referee declaration
I have provided the details of referees on the online form, do I need a signed letter as declaration from them, that I can submit too as a supporting document?

You need to print the referee forms once done and get the referees to sign them. No extra letter required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Linben123
United Kingdom

Post by Linben123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:55 am

Thanks very much for the sound answer, it seems that all I need to do now is finish the form off and get on with it. Can I apply for passport at the same time or do I need to wait?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 am

Can I apply for passport at the same time or do I need to wait?
No you can't. You will need to wait till approval and you receive the certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Linben123
United Kingdom

Post by Linben123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 am

Thanks a lot CR001! May you have a great day!

Linben123
United Kingdom

Travelling during application mn1

Post by Linben123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi there, my question is can my child travel once mn1 application submitted? My understanding is: We do the online application, upon paying you can book an appointment to biometric data at UKVCAS where they also copy your passport and you get it back straight away. Am I right? Also can you travel while they consider the application? Waiting for much appreciated answers. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling during application mn1

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Free to travel yes.

Note that the child must have a valid EU Passport, which the child presumably has?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Linben123
United Kingdom

Post by Linben123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Thanks for the details, yes he has a valid EU passport, great news then. May I ask how much time I have to provide biometric ID and passport through ukvcas after submitting online form and pay? I can upload most document online, right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Depends where you get an appointment based on where you are located. You should ideally do it within 2-3 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Linben123
United Kingdom

Post by Linben123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am

We are located in London. Thanks for the advice, I will go ahead!

Linben123
United Kingdom

Ukvcas deadline question

Post by Linben123 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:34 am

Good morning everyone! Just a few more questions left. I am registering my son for British citizenship (mn1form online)based on the fact that I am settled now( I have aquied PR, he was born here after). So my question is, once I have submitted and payed, I will need to get an appointment with ukvcas. Is it really 45 days deadline after submitting application to provide biometric ID and passport?
Also, as they are ask for all other documents, just like mother’s and fathers pr document, can I just scan these documents and upload them myself. Is it only the passport they need to copy when then the biometric is is provided? I have actually called them and they did not provide any answers to my questions. Would be great to hear from someone from this forum! Many thanks Lin