ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Visa application form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alisattar09
Pakistan

PBS Dependant Visa application form

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi I have a couple of quick queries regarding PBS dependant visa my wife is applying for right now.

I got an ILR 15/nov/2019 and my wife's got BS dependant visa which is expiring on 20/03/2019

while filling the form there are 2 questions below we are confused about regarding the main applicant(me)

Is Mr.XXXX work in a shortage occupation?
Answers: yes or No

What is the length of Mr. XXXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?
Answers: less than 3 years or more than 3 years

I am on ILR but still working for the same employer who has withdrawn my Sponsorship already. So not sure what options to chose in the above 2 questions. Please, quick response from any experienced member will be much appreciated as her visa is expiring soon ?
Regards

sunny007
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependant Visa application form

Post by sunny007 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:49 pm

alisattar09 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm
Hi I have a couple of quick queries regarding PBS dependant visa my wife is applying for right now.

I got an ILR 15/nov/2019 and my wife's got BS dependant visa which is expiring on 20/03/2019

while filling the form there are 2 questions below we are confused about regarding the main applicant(me)

I am on ILR but still working for the same employer who has withdrawn my Sponsorship already. So not sure what options to chose in the above 2 questions. Please, quick response from any experienced member will be much appreciated as her visa is expiring soon ?
Regards
Whats your SOC code and description? you can check from the following link
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

What was mentioned on your last UCOS? if 3 years or less then select 3 years or less

and what you are selecting for the following question?
Has Mr XXXXX's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:46 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:49 pm
alisattar09 wrote:

Regards

What was mentioned on your last UCOS? if 3 years or less then select 3 years or less

Yes my SOC code is 2139 (Information technology and telecommunications professionals not elsewhere classifiedand) and its under Table 2 - Occupations skilled to Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) level 6 and above of the document given in the link.
But I am not sure this question should be applicable to me anymore as I am on ILR plus my employer has withdrawn my Sponsorship please advice?

Also I dont have my COS letter anywhere so not sure if my last COS was more than three years or less but again this should NOT be applicable in my case? Please advice?

Has Mr XXXXX's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? For this one i have selected NO as I will be providing my bank statements for proving funds

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:55 pm

alisattar09 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:46 pm
sunny007 wrote:
alisattar09 wrote:

Regards

Yes my SOC code is 2139 (Information technology and telecommunications professionals not elsewhere classifiedand) and its under Table 2 - Occupations skilled to Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) level 6 and above of the document given in the link.
But I am not sure this question should be applicable to me anymore as I am on ILR plus my employer has withdrawn my Sponsorship please advice?

Also I dont have my COS letter anywhere so not sure if my last COS was more than three years or less but again this should NOT be applicable in my case? Please advice?

Has Mr XXXXX's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? For this one i have selected NO as I will be providing my bank statements for proving funds
As per Following link 2139 comes under shortage occupation list , but wait for some senior member to confirm as well.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

for you second query regarding the What is the length of Mr. XXXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?, Could you please give details about immigration history , like when you got your first visa(like tier 2 etc , 3 years or 5 years etc) and when you extend? it will make some sense to answer accordingly.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:55 pm
alisattar09 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:46 pm
sunny007 wrote:
alisattar09 wrote:

Regards

As per Following link 2139 comes under shortage occupation list , but wait for some senior member to confirm as well.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

for you second query regarding the What is the length of Mr. XXXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?, Could you please give details about immigration history , like when you got your first visa(like tier 2 etc , 3 years or 5 years etc) and when you extend? it will make some sense to answer accordingly.
sunny007 really appreciate your prompt response.
my immigration history is that I got my Tier2(G) visa in March 2013 and that visa was valid for 3 years.
Then I got it extended in March 2016 and again got it for 3 years which was valid till March 2019.
However I got Got my ILR in Nov 2018.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:09 pm

then You should select 3 years or less
and for your SOC Code query read the following thread, / wait for some senior member to reply,

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/job- ... 9#p1746168

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Note : You can also check your last application that what you have selected , for shortage occupation? it should be the same as per your last applications

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am

sunny007 thanks for your help. I am quite sure that my job description when I got the tier 2(G) visa was not a shortage occupation. although 2139 is in the shortage occupation list but that is only specific to cyber security professional which I am not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:27 am

alisattar09 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am
sunny007 thanks for your help. I am quite sure that my job description when I got the tier 2(G) visa was not a shortage occupation. although 2139 is in the shortage occupation list but that is only specific to cyber security professional which I am not.
Somewhere in the form it will ask if you hold ILR, which you obviously tick yes to.

For your previous SOC etc, you simply state what it was. Your dependent will get a 3 year extension, as stated in the immigration rules, as you hold ILR.

SOC 2139 appears on BOTH shortage and non shortage, yours obviously non shortage then that is what you state. Note that if you select shortage, the visa fee is less and your dependent risks a refusal for applying incorrectly.

So you should select non shortage, up to 3 years as your last COS appears to have been for 3 years.
2139 Information technology and telecommunications professionals not elsewhere classified

Example job tasks
• undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions;
• develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games;
• develops quality standards and validation techniques;
• makes recommendations concerning software/system quality;
• examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised;
• deals with and reports on breaches in security.

Related job titles:
• IT consultant
• Quality analyst (computing)
• Software tester • Systems tester (computing)
• Telecommunications planner

Salary rates:
New entrant: £21,600
Experienced worker: £28,900

[Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2016]
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:27 am
alisattar09 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am
Somewhere in the form it will ask if you hold ILR, which you obviously tick yes to.

For your previous SOC etc, you simply state what it was. Your dependent will get a 3 year extension, as stated in the immigration rules, as you hold ILR.

SOC 2139 appears on BOTH shortage and non shortage, yours obviously non shortage then that is what you state. Note that if you select shortage, the visa fee is less and your dependent risks a refusal for applying incorrectly.

So you should select non shortage, up to 3 years as your last COS appears to have been for 3 years.
2139 Information technology and telecommunications professionals not elsewhere classified

Example job tasks
• undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions;
• develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games;
• develops quality standards and validation techniques;
• makes recommendations concerning software/system quality;
• examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised;
• deals with and reports on breaches in security.

Related job titles:
• IT consultant
• Quality analyst (computing)
• Software tester • Systems tester (computing)
• Telecommunications planner

Salary rates:
New entrant: £21,600
Experienced worker: £28,900

[Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2016]
Thanks CR001 was waiting for your response. Yes it did ask her if I have got an ILR for which we have answered yes and the next 2 questions are regarding shortage occupation and cos years

I got the Tier 2(G) as a software tester so I am quite sure it is not in the shortage list.
And Yes, my last Cos was three years so I will select that.

Regarding the bank statement, I have funds in my bank account for a period of 90 days so I will be submitting my statements only. As my wife doesn't have funds maintained. Will my statements be enough?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:48 am

You need EITHER of your statements to cover the maintenance funds. It does not have to be hers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi Sunny007 and CR001 thanks for your responses earlier.

my wife has completed the application form and now we are on that part where we have to pay IHS.

I was under the impression the IHS is £400 per year so for this application it should be £1200. However, it is showing us £2400 after we answered all the required question on the IHS website.

There was a section in it which is asking questions about the Main applicant information:

What is their visa route?
I had to select Tier 2 (as there wasn't an option for ILR)
What is their visa type?
Tier 2(G) upto 3 years again no ILR option
What is their visa expiration date?
31/12/2024 my ILR expiry date

we are now worried as we thought it should have been £1200 but it's NOT!!! .

please, any help in this regard would be much appreciated?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:52 am

Put your ILR expiry date as 3 years from now to get the correct Ihs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)