ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M application help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by postie-drive » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I need your advice, I'm BC, my wife is completing her second 30 month visa (flr m) on january 12th, 2020 and we're planning to apply for ILR second half of december but before xmas. I've been showing my employment to meet the income threshold. I'm planning to become self-employed from April and leave my current employer of 10 years for financial reasons. So my questions are: 1) how can I prove my income as self-employed without a tax return? 2) do I still need to show my income from previous employment as it's less than 1 year or do they only require 6 months from date of the application? Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Income related flr m route to ilr

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Self employment income can only be used under category F and category G, both of which require at least a year of tax return. This means if you become self employed in April 2019, you cannot use your income to satisfy the requirements in January 2020

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by postie-drive » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Thanks for the reply, since self-employment is no longer option, if I take up new employment or carry on with my current employer, would I still have to show previous years earnings or last six months wages suffice? It's just I'll be little short to reach the required £18600 until 5th April because I have been getting childcare vouchers through my employer which will obviously affect the gross amount for the financial year.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 pm

If you have been with your current employer for more than 6 months, you need payslips for only the last 6 months. Otherwise you need one year of payslips
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by postie-drive » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Thanks again, I think I'm better off staying with my current employer and stop childcare vouchers or work overtime where possible. Thank you again for your help.

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by postie-drive » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello everyone,
We were filling online application for my wife and came across 'social, cultural and family ties' section the application. This must be new because I've never seen it before. While we understood and answered first two questions namely, "Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?" and "Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?", the third question was rather odd "Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?" we don't know how to answer and if we answer no, it asks for explanation. would love to know what they really asking with these Q's. Any guidance/help is much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET M application help please

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:53 am

Those questions are not important. Provide minimal information