ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa holder

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wilson8
Newly Registered

student visa holder

Post by wilson8 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:25 am

Dear all,

I completed my Master programm last year in UK and get the Degree Certificate this week. But I am holding a student visa holder and studying ACCA. Can I apply HSMP in UK? Thank you very much.

regards

Wilson8

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:51 am

Although am not an authority on this i think you can because to qualify you all need is to score 65 points and above. If you have worked in a graduate job for the last year and can score ponts in other areas then you can qualify.

Kind
Newly Registered

Post by Kind » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:27 am

On the one forum i have seen post where one guy come across with the problem: he has got a student visa for english course, entered Uk and applied for HMSP, and in a couple of month got approval. but then he was told that because he had not undertaken a Degree course, HO would cancell his approval and he should come back to his home country and apply again. They said that the only those who are stydying for a degree course have a right to apply within UK. Guy is now desperate and is going to appeal.

So if your student visa for a degree course is still valid, you can apply, but it you have extended your visa for ACCA, which is not a degree course, you should call to HO and ask

pipo_2004
Newly Registered

Post by pipo_2004 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:21 pm

Also further to this thread regarding student visa holder, would anybody know if you could make an appeal either paid or unpaid within UK if your student visa has already expired.

Helena
Newly Registered

Post by Helena » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:33 am

Hi there!

I know for sure from my solicitor that you can make a free review request on HSMP if your student visa already expired. I am in the same situation.
However I am not sure if we students can submit a fresh application on an in-country basis. I am on a degree course now, but have not completed it yet, so I can't just go back to my country right now.

Please reply who knows!!!

Thanks