ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help: Applying for Child Dependent Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hobba2008
Palestine

Please help: Applying for Child Dependent Tier 2

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Hello,
I am applying for Tier 2 Dependent Visa for my first baby who was born in the UK. I filled in several applications for myself and my wife before but never been confused like applying for a newborn in the UK.

My situation is as follows:
I have my CoS letter which states the Issue date (Nov 2015) and Expiry Date (Feb 2016). So, it is three months as I can see. However, the letter states that work starts on Jan 2016 and ends on Dec 2020, so it is 5 years.

When I went to apply for my daughter, there was a question about the "Length of Certificate of Sponsorship grant" The two answers are (a) less than three years and (b) more than three years.

Now, I am confused as what applies in my case! The CoS seems to be three months validity while my work is 5 years. I had my BPR for 5 years in one go.

What shall I answer on the application, please?

Thanks for your help in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please help: Applying for Child Dependent Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:58 pm

A CoS is always valid for 3 months and that is the time an applicant has to APPLY for a visa.

Your CoS duration should have been clearly stated but it you are on a more than 3 year CoS, so that is what you select.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Thanks for your reply. Choosing more than three years seems to be logical, but as I am applying for less than 3 years visa for my daughter, I am going to pay for more than three years' fees.

I called Home Office but they advised me to speak to an adviser! They refused to give me guidance on the matter.

ahmed4
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed4 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. My CoS was issued for 3 and a half years but now I have less than 3 years left and want to apply for my children. I am confused too. Can you please tell me which option you selected as I also don't want to pay more

Andrew2020
United Kingdom

Post by Andrew2020 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 am

Hi Ahmed4;

Although my COS was issued more than 3 years, as I have less than 3 years visa left and I applied for all my dependents 3 years less visa. If you check the forum, you will see that there are some people that could able to get their visa by applying 3 year less. This is a bit risky. I will get the decision in 4 weeks time so i can inform the result.
Thanks
Andrew

ahmed4
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your reply. I will wait for your decision then and I hope you get your visas

Ahmed

Andrew2020
United Kingdom

Post by Andrew2020 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:52 am

Andrew2020 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 am
Hi Ahmed4;

Although my COS was issued more than 3 years, as I have less than 3 years visa left and I applied for all my dependents 3 years less visa. If you check the forum, you will see that there are some people that could able to get their visa by applying 3 year less. This is a bit risky. I will get the decision in 4 weeks time so i can inform the result.
Thanks
Andrew
Hi All;

My dependents visas are all granted. Even though your COS was issued more than 3 years, if the remaining length of your visa is less than 3 years, you can apply for 3 years visa for your dependents. I hope this info will be useful for everyone who is at the same situation.
Thanks
Andrew

ahmed4
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed4 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Andrew2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:52 am
Andrew2020 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 am
Hi Ahmed4;

Thanks
Andrew
Hi All;

My dependents visas are all granted. Even though your COS was issued more than 3 years, if the remaining length of your visa is less than 3 years, you can apply for 3 years visa for your dependents. I hope this info will be useful for everyone who is at the same situation.
Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Congratulations!!
Just one question.. Did you also mention/explain your situation while filling out the online form in the "Provide additional information" section? Did you attach any cover letter for this?

Congrats again!
Ahmed

Andrew2020
United Kingdom

Post by Andrew2020 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi Ahmed4;

No, i did not mentioned anything. Just applied less than 3 years.

Thanks
Anil