ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any help given will be highly appreciated

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

3units
inactive
United Kingdom

Re: Advise

Post by 3units » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm really stuck, confused, and helpless I really don't know how to go about my case or what I'm supposed to apply for. Please please please need your advice and help please

3units
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by 3units » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:34 pm

:?: :?:

3units
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by 3units » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:46 pm

3units wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:46 pm
Hello
I'm in a confused state, I'm a non eea and with a five year residence card
but I'm currently not in good terms with by British citizens husband as he
has been threatening me on countless times and I have proof of his audios and his
mentally unwell and I have video proof when he was at hospital and during that time he cut his neck with a sharp stone. I left UK for 18 months but I did not intend to stay that long but he sent me audios threatening me if I returned, and I stayed there longer than I should have. My Kids were in school there. I came back in January but he didn't know the date I was returning because I decided he shouldn't know as I realized he was not on medication again and but somehow figured that out and he
continues to threaten me. I went to apply for housing and I was told to let home office know I wasn't staying with my husband and get a new status for myself and if I have proof of his threats I should let police know. Both my kids are British citizens though my elder child her passport expires next year February

3units
inactive
United Kingdom

Urgent help needed. In a state of confusion

Post by 3units » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:06 pm

I'm a non eea and with a five year residence card and have been absent in the UK since 20 May 2017 but returned 18th January 2019. I want to separate from my husband and retain my rights. We we married 13 February 2013

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help needed. In a state of confusion

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:09 pm

3units wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:06 pm
I'm a non eea and with a five year residence card and have been absent in the UK since 20 May 2017 but returned 18th January 2019. I want to separate from my husband and retain my rights. We we married 13 February 2013
Topics Merged (click to read forum rule)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maya nalya

Any help given will be highly appreciated

Post by maya nalya » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello

After a long tiring sorrowful journey of me trying all I could to be there for my husband in all aspects of life but due to his diagnosis, lack of committiment, understanding, caring and lack of respect, the atmosphere became too hostile and too frightening, too scary and tiring for me and my kids to live in so I left UK for 18 months but I did not intend to stay that long but my husband has been threatening me on countless times and I have proof of his audios threatening me if I returned, back to UK he would do something to me. I came back in January and didn't let him know because himself he had told me he was off medication so because of my safety and my kids I decided he shouldn't know my return date but somehow he figured that out and he got extremely angry and threatening me daily. I went to apply for housing and I was told to let home office know I wasn't staying with my husband and get a new status for myself and if I have proof of his threats I should let police know. I went to citizen advice bureau and was told my case is Unsual due to the type of ID I have (eea residence card of family member)
The citizen advice bureau sent me to the greenwich Hub in woolwich arsenal but again was told to go to Her center inwoolwich arsenal, seems like getting help in UK is so hard.

maya nalya

Re: Any help given will be highly appreciated

Post by maya nalya » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 pm

maya nalya wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:45 pm
Hello

After a long tiring sorrowful journey of me trying all I could to be there for my husband in all aspects of life but due to his diagnosis, lack of committiment, understanding, caring and lack of respect, the atmosphere became too hostile and too frightening, too scary and tiring for me and my kids to live in so I left UK for 18 months but I did not intend to stay that long but my husband has been threatening me on countless times and I have proof of his audios threatening me if I returned, back to UK he would do something to me. I came back in January and didn't let him know because himself he had told me he was off medication so because of my safety and my kids I decided he shouldn't know my return date but somehow he figured that out and he got extremely angry and threatening me daily. I went to apply for housing and I was told to let home office know I wasn't staying with my husband and get a new status for myself and if I have proof of his threats I should let police know. I went to citizen advice bureau and was told my case is Unsual due to the type of ID I have (eea residence card of family member)
The citizen advice bureau sent me to the greenwich Hub in woolwich arsenal but again was told to go to Her center inwoolwich arsenal, seems like getting help in UK is so hard.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

I kindly request the forum to help me out with my situation if they can please. Help me out please

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

I kindly request the forum to help me out with my situation if they can please. Help me out please

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 pm

maya nalya wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:49 am

You sound like 3units - the user who had the same exact story a couple of years ago.
Why didn't you go to police?

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Yes I was on this forum years ago. Yes I'm 3_units. I didn't have access to my email as it was blocked and I opened new immigrationboards account but I managed to get it back and I'm using my old immigrationboards account.
About the question, I had mixed feelings about going to police as I feared he would react badly and I didn't know what he would do to me so when the situation worsened I went to Africa. I have audios him threatening to kill me and wanting to finish me off. Should I go to police now?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Please decide which username you wish to keep. You have received lots of advice under your other username in your other topic already and now started a new topic asking the same questions again. This is very unfair to members who posted as all members are unpaid volunteers!!

eea-route-applications/urgent-help-need ... 76324.html

Multiple Usernames (click to read)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm

NatCam wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:49 am
You sound like 3units - the user who had the same exact story a couple of years ago.
Why didn't you go to police?
Couple of DAYS ago, not even years!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:08 pm

I didn't have access to this as I had forgotten my password and my email was blocked that's why I got new one but when I settled the email issues where my reactivation mail was sent I then used my old account. I'm sorry about that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 pm

maya nalya wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:08 pm
I didn't have access to this as I had forgotten my password and my email was blocked that's why I got new one but when I settled the email issues where my reactivation mail was sent I then used my old account. I'm sorry about that.
Please read through all the advice you have already been given. I have merged your topics now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Thank you dearly. I'm sorry about the trouble really.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm

No trouble, but best to read the advice already given to avoid all the same duplicate advice being posted again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:05 pm

I tried to contact a solicitor online about my case and I didn't know all options available were that expensive.

If you are submitting an application as the parent of a British child, whereby you will be granted 2.5 year visa, our fees will be £2,000 (you will have to pay the Home Office application fee separately which will be £2,033).

If you submit an application under EU law for retained rights of residence, then that is more complex and our fees will be £3,000 (the Home Office application fee for a European application is £65). If you succeed in this application you will be granted a 5 year residence card.

Is there a solicitor cheaper than this that you know of? Thanks

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Get an injunction and apply for divorce. When you are divorced you can apply for retained right of residence. You don't need a solicitor.
You the of right of residence, you won't be thrown out.
Sorry for asking, is your husband in the same town as you?
I would advise you go to police first - not only for protection but for paperwork as well.

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

I'm in different city as I didn't go back to his city when I returned but my main concern is how I can explain the 18 months absence in UK I have several audios threatening my return I don't know if that is enough and also that's basically why I was in hopes for a solicitor but I'm disappointed by what the solicitor thinks what I should apply for

"If you are married to a British citizen and have British children, the only option available for you would be to submit an application for a visa as the mother of a British child. You will be granted a 2.5 year visa and will have renew every 2.5 years until you complete 10 years of residence in the UK. Then you can apply for ILR.hs " he tells me that's the right route. Very expensive oh God

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 pm

maya nalya wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm
I'm in different city as I didn't go back to his city when I returned but my main concern is how I can explain the 18 months absence in UK I have several audios threatening my return I don't know if that is enough and also that's basically why I was in hopes for a solicitor but I'm disappointed by what the solicitor thinks what I should apply for

"If you are married to a British citizen and have British children, the only option available for you would be to submit an application for a visa as the mother of a British child. You will be granted a 2.5 year visa and will have renew every 2.5 years until you complete 10 years of residence in the UK. Then you can apply for ILR.hs " he tells me that's the right route. Very expensive oh God

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:03 am

:?: :?: :?: :?:

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:08 am

Any idea how a cover letter is written when applying to retaining right of residence. Thanks

maya nalya

Post by maya nalya » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 pm

hello
I'm told that I don't qualify for retained rights of residence because of my absence in UK and that I should just forget that.