ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If you don't get an EAA Permit, can you apply for a visitors visa immediately

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sonjaa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

If you don't get an EAA Permit, can you apply for a visitors visa immediately

Post by sonjaa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi all, I need urgent help.

I live in the UK for almost 2 years and I am a EU national. I am full time employed, have a NIN, rent my own flat and pay council tax.

My mum is a non-EU national living in a non-EU county. She is married to my dad who she lives together with in the non-EU country, he is a EU national. She is full time employed in her country of residence.

I am trying to get her over here on an EEA permit. She doesn't have a criminal record and I will be her sponsor. Last year she visited me on a tourist visa for 2 months and she exited the country long before her visa expired. This year, I am hoping to get her the right to stay and work here.

Do you think she has good odds of being approved for an EEA family permit?

Also, this is very important for me - if she is denied an EEA family permit, can she apply for a visitors visa immediately after that?

All help is highly appreciated! If you need more details, please let me know as this is very important for me.

Thank you all!

NatCam
Georgia

Re: If you don't get an EAA Permit, can you apply for a visitors visa immediately

Post by NatCam » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 am

Why was she refused?

sonjaa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: If you don't get an EAA Permit, can you apply for a visitors visa immediately

Post by sonjaa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am

NatCam wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 am
Why was she refused?
@NatCam, she wasn't refused, I still haven't sent the application. I just want to make sure if she has good odds to get it and if she doesn't, would she be still able to apply for a visitors visa. I've got so many different information from different sources and I am afraid that if she is refused she won't be able to visit me this year which will be really difficult for both of us

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:21 am

Oh, I'm sorry. Usually people ask this kind of questions when they are denied entry.))
To your question - yes, of course she has a good chance. As to visitor visa... I don't know.