ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i Travel to spain after brexit with EU spouse without visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rkohdi
India

Can i Travel to spain after brexit with EU spouse without visa

Post by Rkohdi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am

Hi i have a uk residence card..i am concern about my holidays..i already booked my holidays from last year for this year in May.
Because UK leaving EU on 29th march..
So my question is that do i need visa to travel to spain after brexit even i will travel with my EU spouse?

I already paid for my holidays soni am worried.....

If yes then which visa i should appmy tourist visa or EU/EEA Spouse and Family Members visa which i saw on spain vfs website..

Please answer me

Which kind visa tourist or eu spouse family member visa??or i no need visa even after brexit?

Thank you

kamoe
European Union

Re: Can i Travel to spain after brexit with EU spouse without visa

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:11 pm

I think this is one of those questions whose answer we will only know once we know what kind of Brexit (soft or hard, and if soft, under which conditions) we will have.

Given that you travel in May, you will have a good month, sufficient time, to prepare a visa application in the event there is a no-deal scenario and in case no deal means the current visa exception for family members of EU nationals is no longer in place. No point in doing anything for now.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi .

Today i went spain visa application centre and they refuse to submit my eea spouse visa and tourist visa application...they say that you dont need visa to travel spain bcoz i hv residence card as family member..i told them that i am travelling in May so there will be brexit so for safe side i want to apply visa but they said you cant apply bcoz u r travelling with EU spouse.....
She said even you apply we will reject ur visa bcoz u dont need it ....

What u think guys ...

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 pm

They are right.

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:32 pm

But if it will be brexit then in brexit do i need visa when i am travelling with my eu spouse???

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 pm

One thing is clear. If your family member is not from the UK, they will still be EU citizens so it does not matter if UK is part of EU or not. You will still be allowed to travel

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:10 am

Rkohdi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm
Hi .

Today i went spain visa application centre and they refuse to submit my eea spouse visa and tourist visa application...they say that you dont need visa to travel spain bcoz i hv residence card as family member..i told them that i am travelling in May so there will be brexit so for safe side i want to apply visa but they said you cant apply bcoz u r travelling with EU spouse.....
She said even you apply we will reject ur visa bcoz u dont need it ....

What u think guys ...
It's like you did not read my reply above. Focus on my last sentence.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:12 pm

I still did not understand it....do you mean that even will be brexit then i no need visa to travel spain when travelling together

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Rkohdi wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:12 pm
I still did not understand it....do you mean that even will be brexit then i no need visa to travel spain when traveling together
The only scenario in which you would need to apply for a visa is no-deal (which at the time I wrote the post was still an option), and even if that was confirmed and happened on March 29th, you would still have time to then apply for a visa if you planned to travel in May. So until no deal is confirmed, no point of doing anything whatsoever. That's what I said.

Now... seeing the no deal is off the table, you pretty much don't need to do anything at all (you can still await this week's parliamentary events to unfold, just to be sure what the policy will be but very likely nothing will change until May).

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Thank you very much ..

And one thing more ...did yiu your settle status or not yet?

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:45 am

Hi .

Like now brexit date again extend so its 100% sure that i dont need visa to spain bcoz m travelling my EU spouse and we are travrlling in next month May? OR better i will try to get visa?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:52 am

Rkohdi wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:45 am
Like now brexit date again extend
Keep in mind exit date of October 31st is only an offer made to the UK that the Prime Minister has accepted in principle, but that needs to also be accepted by Parliament. No deal is unlikely, as in theory they have ruled it out, but we could still leave on tomorrow with No deal if for some shambolic reason Parliament change their minds overnight.
so its 100% sure that i dont need visa to spain bcoz m travelling my EU spouse and we are travrlling in next month May? OR better i will try to get visa?
Very likely in May we will still be in the EU, but to be o the safe side, hold on to see what Parliament agrees. I believe this should happen this week given the current official Exit date is still tomorrow April 12th. If we are still in the EU and exit date is confirmed to be October 31st, then you do not need a visa.

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 am

Thank you very much. I can wait for tomrow

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:10 pm

I Just checked the Settlement scheme page, and where it used to say "You need to have arrived in the UK by April 12th" now just says "You need to have arrived in the UK when the UK leaves the EU". This means the previous official April 12th date has been canceled. It also seems they are tired to update the date whenever a new date comes up and did not even bother to type October 31st! (knowing it can still change). This is also due to the fact that, in theory, if the UK manages to agree on any deal before that date, then we could trigger the exit before that date.

Now back to your original question, do you need a visa? From my humble perspective an non-expert opinion, The No deal scenario -and hece your potential need for a visa-, at least until October 31st, is pretty much ruled out:Even if the UK could still leave with no deal, if that happens in all likelihood it will be after October 31st. Parliament has decisively rejected No deal as a suitable option, so they will not trigger it on purpose. The only danger had always been that we could have an accidental No deal, if we reached a deadline without an agreement. But as that date has been pushed back to after your travel, I think you can relatively safely assume you will not find yourself in a scenario where the UK has left the EU with no deal, before you travel.

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:32 am

I hope everything will be ok and i will not get any problem ..i am travrlling 7th may for 1 week to spain