ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**sending documents urgent***

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Finallythere
Newly Registered
Russia

**sending documents urgent***

Post by Finallythere » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:15 pm

I have completed an online form and paid the fees today. I made a mistake and selected existing service as opposed to new one and only that realised that the service requires you to send documents to an address without checking etc. In my case this would mean sending both mine and my husband’s passports as well as my BRP leaving us with no ID documents for up to 6 months! We both travel for work so this would be a complete nightmare!
I have 2 questions
1. has anyone been able to change existing service to new service shortly after applying? How did you do it if so? I have emailed the home office but they will probably take a very long time to respond and I am now racing against the clock.
2. If I do have to send them by post, are documents kept as long as the application is being reviewed (6 months) or do they send them back sooner?
Please please any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: **sending documents urgent***

Post by Ruhi09 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 pm