ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement scheme for non EU family

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emir34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Settlement scheme for non EU family

Post by Emir34 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi Dear Correspondant;

I want your opinion for my situation: I live in UK with Tier 4 student visa and doing doctorate, my visa will expire in 1 year.
My wife and child are EEA nationals and they just granted pre-settled status for next 5 years.

Because of my visa for study, I can’t work more than 20 hours per week. If I apply to EU settlement scheme and they grant me pre-settled status, it may will be better for us.

But if I get rejection for pre-settled status as a family member of EA national, and if they delete my Tier 4 student visa at the same time, I will hold no visa. What do you think is the best option for me? 🤔

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Emir

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement scheme for non EU family

Post by facebook.user » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:01 pm

Hello Emir,

If you are married with EEA citizen, you have automatic right to live and work in the UK. Dont worry about rejection because you are protected with European Law. You should apply for settled or pre settled status depending on your situation.

Hayley01
South Africa

Re: Settlement scheme for non EU family

Post by Hayley01 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi Emir

I wanted to find out if you had any luck with your application. I am on a tier 2 general visa and my BRP isn't being read by the EU Exit app not sure if I should now apply for a residence card as the spouse of an EEA national first and then for the settled status.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks