ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 second employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaeoroRN
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 second employment

Post by jaeoroRN » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Good day, I wonder if anyone can help me regarding this query.

I work full time (37.5hours) as a nurse in an NHS hospital. I am also employed as a bank staff in the same hospital.

Recently, I have joined agency nursing and has been doing up to 20 hours a week on my days off. Since joining the agency, I stopped doing bank shifts in the hospital because I was afraid it would seem like I'm having 3 jobs. But I have an acquaintance who told me that she does all three.

She works full time at the hospital and to cover the extra 20 hours allowed, she does 1 shift as a bank staff in the hospital and 1 shift as an agency nurse of up to 20 hours per week.

Is this allowed?

Any response is appreciated. Many thanks.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 second employment

Post by UKLL » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm

My understanding is that the hours you work for your own hospital as a bank nurse count as overtime, rather than second employment, but I could be wrong. What does your payslip say?

jaeoroRN
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by jaeoroRN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:53 pm

UKLL wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm
My understanding is that the hours you work for your own hospital as a bank nurse count as overtime, rather than second employment, but I could be wrong. What does your payslip say?
Hello. Thanks for replying.

The tax code on my bank payslip is the same on my permanent post. Does this mean this is not considered a second job? 

Therefore, is it alright to accumulate the 20 extra hours allowed on the second employment as both bank and agency shifts?

Many thanks.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 pm

jaeoroRN wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:53 pm
UKLL wrote:

The tax code on my bank payslip is the same on my permanent post. Does this mean this is not considered a second job? 

Therefore, is it alright to accumulate the 20 extra hours allowed on the second employment as both bank and agency shifts?

Many thanks.
Do you get two separate payslips for your permanent job and your bank job in the same hospital?

jaeoroRN
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by jaeoroRN » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:56 am

UKLL wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 pm
jaeoroRN wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:53 pm
UKLL wrote:

Many thanks.
Do you get two separate payslips for your permanent job and your bank job in the same hospital?
I do but the tax codes and the rates are the same.